Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing that the drivers side of my car sits lower than the passenger side by I would guess 1/2 to 1 inch. I have not measured it yet I will tomorrow.. What causes this springs, shocks? Could the previous owner put the 2 front springs on one side and the 2 rear springs on the other accidentally? It's been this way for as long as I can remember but I have been noticing it a lot more these days. Let me know what you think and what my options are. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Too many SUPERSIZED meals from Mickey Dees...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the record the previous owner was a old guy that barley drove the car. And the guy before him I do not know. But seeing as it only had 38,000 miles on it, when I bought it last year. I do not think that is enough sitting time.. Unless he slept in the car as well.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Check your struts a stuck strut would cause that to happen or bad strut

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Could be that the springs have settled in like that, could try taking isolators out on the other side. After that struts.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Well if the front springs are on the drivers side then that might be the problem and you might just be noticing it more. I would say swap them and see if that fixes things. As springs get old they tend to sag, but that's usually at 150K+ miles and a lot of years of wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I will try to check everything when I get home.. How hard is it time pull springs off and get them back in?
It can be done with basic hand tools. Took me about 4 hours the first time mostly be cause I was trying to be cautious and I was wasting time trying to use a spring compressor.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
3 hours if you know what you're doing

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright thanks guys I will screw with it this weekend. And since I don't know what I'm doing I'm going to give myself 6 hours.. I have put a lift kit on a jeep so I'm hoping it's similar.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Voltage258 said:
Alright thanks guys I will screw with it this weekend. And since I don't know what I'm doing I'm going to give myself 6 hours.. I have put a lift kit on a jeep so I'm hoping it's similar.
It could be that ur just on a hill. Mine looks different all the time because of the way it's parked and other things

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It could be that ur just on a hill. Mine looks different all the time because of the way it's parked and other things
That's what I thought at first but looking at it on 2 pretty flat surfaces you can see one side is higher. I will try to take a picture when I get home.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I think you were right actually.... I measured it then moved it to the center of the garage and measured it again and it was still off a little but not by much.... So I think I'm just paranoid and a tard.. Sorry for the false alarm guys... :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Voltage258 said:
Well I think you were right actually.... I measured it then moved it to the center of the garage and measured it again and it was still off a little but not by much.... So I think I'm just paranoid and a tard.. Sorry for the false alarm guys... :)
Lol same here. OCD when it comes to the stang

1 - 17 of 17 Posts