Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the H pipe installation I now have found some of the missing HP. ON the BUTT DYNO I feel like maybe 15 or so HP. But tomorrow I will find out for sure at the Dyno Tune in Atlanta at Team Ford with Jerry ;) ;)

184 Posts
thats a lot of HP from just an H pipe. I wonder if id feel anything with my nitrous setup or even on the NA side prb not Long tubes would be nice tho.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the problem is my cats have been clogged up and it has in my opinion and a few others been one of the restrictions in obtaining the HP goals that I should be getting with my setup. But tomorrow will tell

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You dont understand I am suppose to be in the heighbor hood of 180-200 with the 216/225 cam RGR stage 3 intakes and RPM hp heads and 19# injectors I am around 150 on the last dyno and still running very rich and my Cats were fried. with plugged cats you could easily find 15 or more hp from removing the restriction. We are not talking about a stock motor after all

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
hopefully that was the big problem!

·
Registered
529 Posts
hmmmm, wonder if clogged cats would be why my gas mileage sucks as of late. The shop said the O2 sensors were reading just fine

·
Registered
231 Posts
One good test to see if your cats are clogged is to take it on the street.
When your cruising at 40 or so and then punch it, if the engine responds to the call with power, then your cats are fine.

If it doesn't, then you may have other issues but it then could be the cats.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the accuracy of my but dyno is pretty good my last dyno was 143rwhp and 178TQ. well the first dyno run without any tuning was 164.9rwhp and 207TQ well that is a 21RWHP and nearly a 30TQ gain. SO all you non believers who thought the Hpipe replacing the clogged cats would not get me a 15 to 20 HP gain, I say PUH PUH PUH!!! ;) ;)

But on the other hand after tuning I was somewhat disappointed with 168 RWHP and 211RWTQ on the final pull. So in the over rich condition was not with tuning but the cats. I am pleased with my torque numbers but the HP I think should be more. Well I guess the BV heads will help a bit on that .

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Kewl!
168 and no tune is very good for an auto!
I can see maybe 175-180 RWHP with a tune.
Get that soon!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I did not clarify the final pull was 168 with a tune, that was also after several pulls so If I had more time to cool off I would have been a little higher. I am a little disappointed but that is the nature of the beast

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I had a guy with same cam, same year, auto,
very similar to your setup, only get 165 RWHP
tuned. I think the older auto's suck out more power.
If you are getting an SC or something then U are fine now.

·
Registered
941 Posts
pretty good numbers dangerdude! :headbang: the singleports start at 150hp/215tq and continue with a big difference as such, i wonder why your hp/tq is less a difference... someone want to explain? does that mean you have good hp or bad tq? or something else i'm missing?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I do not recall Danger Dudes initial dyno stock, but our 95 auto put out a massive 116 -119 HP! That is enough power to take out local go-carts and such! :headbang:

And that is quite a deficit to come down from.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My original stock numbers with only a chip, CAI, Dual exhaust and pullies were 112rwhp I forget the torque. But I had a bad plug wire and I did not know about My initial Dyno run with my engine mods were 138rwhp 178 tq. I might have also had bad cats from the beginning. I wil never know

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Is that dynojet or what? MD?
SAE corrected?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts