Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
they will be loud...believe me! LOL you should LOVE the idle LOVE IT...but when its up top, that **** hurts your ears :D

but the pain is very much worth it...hehehe

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete told me his car with O/R H pipe was not loud he had GT mufflers on his. I have been told unless you have chambered mufflers like Flowmaster, flowpath or Spintech it wont be that loud. I have flowthru mufflers so I dont have a echo chamber on my car that amplifies sound like your car with flows on it. Another thing is side pipes will also make it alot louder

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You dont need to get me started after Brother Corey left you a nice remark on your area ;) ;) ;) Plus I have Cats coming in case they are to loud I will have them welded in

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn the shop could not do it today anyway their custom welder's wife is in the hospital. I wish they had called me before I drove all the way to them!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dang dude i didnt know you ordered an offroad H..thats cool tho. That will sound awesome with that cam you got in there. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK this is to dispel the myths and disinformation out there about O/R H pipes

1. The car has a deeper tone but not alot louder at Idle maybe 5% louder
2. Under normal accelleration the car is 5-10% louder inside the car at most
3. Under hard acceleration the car is 10% louder and deeper
4. At highway cruising 65-75 MPH the car is not louder at all only a deeper sound.

So in the interest of giving people honest and truthful info I am going to change my mind with regards to H pipes.

If you have flow thru mufflers Dynomax Ultraflows, Magnaflows, Borla's or GT mufflers you will not really be much louder or and definately not ricey

If you have Chambered or baffled mufflers like Flowmasters, MAC flowpath, Spintech you will be louder because of the exhaust pulses hitting the baffles and chambers harder without the cats causing a louder drumming effect.

On the Corey Scale or 1 to 10, 10 being the best I give the mod and sound a "9"
headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts