Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I haven't posted in a while so I figured id throw on some updates on the vehicular device :)

sorry about the crappy cell phone pics lol but here you go none the less

idk what all i have mentioned since the last posts but she is now rockin the black 03-04 cobra's 9 inch fronts with 275s, and 11's on the rear with 315s.
Cams, and springs, 93 oct tune, dumped exhaust, new struts around and im sure some others.

ordered parts for the winter rebuild.

On3performance turbo - 2500 saved towards
nitto nt555rs - paid for
roush front bumper - bought and primered
custom side skirts - mock up stages in the garage at the moment
v6 rear bumper - willing to trade my GT rear w/ chrome inserts for one
cobra 6 speed - paid for
456 gears - paid for
ford racing diff rebuild kit - paid for
jegs install kit - paid for

and accepting ideas for anything else at the moment. My plans for the car are a 10 second vert while still being able to enjoy a cruise once in a blue moon, and showing it as well. I understand that by going 456s that I am killing my ability to daily drive, but I am hoping by going 6 speed route I might still be going 65 mph at about what 3500 rpms? or am I terribly off?

Thanks guys and gals :)

and ps I have 8 wheels and 9 tires up for sale for some big and littles if anyone is interested

brief rundown
4 99-01 cobra wheels
4 03-04 cobra wheels
4 245 45 17 inch tires. 9/32nds left on all
2 275 40 17 inch tires. 5/6/32nds left
3 205 55 17 inch snow tires 8/32nds left on all

inputs Welcomed!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Beautiful stang!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Look good! I have the same headlights. Did you buy thos If you did could you tell me where I need some new ones. Ripped off my front bumper and broke the mounts for them. Good luck with the build and have fun.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you sure you dont want to go with a supercharger rather than a turbo? No lag no k member fitment hassles and more reliable. Im debating turbo so figured id throw my thoughts out there

·
Registered
158 Posts
you dont want to go 4.56s and a turbo..thats a no no...or any power adder if that matter..the car will never be a 10 sec car because you will be going thru the traps in damn near 6th gear lol...

turbos need a lower gear...more load on turbo equals faster car will go...keep your current gears in your rear or go with 3.31s or 3.55s at max...

what cams do you have? a n/a cam with a close lsa will cause turbo to spool slower and bleed off boost.. so your cams will possibly hurt you as well with a turbo..

·
Registered
14 Posts
slow02gt said:
you dont want to go 4.56s and a turbo..thats a no no...or any power adder if that matter..the car will never be a 10 sec car because you will be going thru the traps in damn near 6th gear lol...

turbos need a lower gear...more load on turbo equals faster car will go...keep your current gears in your rear or go with 3.31s or 3.55s at max...

what cams do you have? a n/a cam with a close lsa will cause turbo to spool slower and bleed off boost.. so your cams will possibly hurt you as well with a turbo..
This is true about gears I had a 4.56 in my nitrous car and I was running through the traps a 7800 I went with a 4.10 got it down In rpm a little but should have went with a 3.73

·
Registered
158 Posts
All true. I loved my 373s NA but once nitrous and then supercharger i wish i had 355s
you acutally want gear with nitrous... i loved my 4.10s in my auto wit ha 150 shot with the nitrous cams!!!went 11.30s at 120 on the stock bottom end and stock heads with cams on that setup...and ran great. would have been faster if i went with a 28in tire since i was almost running out of gear on the 26s at the end of the 1/4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts