Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went to my local strip yesterday and got a new best despite them running a Pro-tree and me thinking they were running a sportsman tree.

new 1/4-16.06 @85.88
new best reaction was .7632

All i want is to hit 15's in this car

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
timpryor said:
Well i went to my local strip yesterday and got a new best despite them running a Pro-tree and me thinking they were running a sportsman tree.

new 1/4-16.06 @85.88
new best reaction was .7632

All i want is to hit 15's in this car
reaction time has NOTHING to do with what you run in a car, the 3 most important data sets for a track run are your 60ft time, your end quarter mile time and your mph..

PUT YOUR 60 FT TIME DOWN!

lol with a 2.2 you are doing good with an auto with a manual go for 2.1 to a 2.0 with street tires, keep in mind every .1 you remove from a 60ft time is going to be .2 off yoru quater mile, so if you ran a 2.8 60ft by shaving it down to a 2.2 you could (theoretically) do a 1.2 second better run... horrid traction wont hold for this... but if you keep it in the sub 2.5 60fts that forumla should work very close.

·
Registered
298 Posts
SpectorV said:
reaction time has NOTHING to do with what you run in a car, the 3 most important data sets for a track run are your 60ft time, your end quarter mile time and your mph..
I don't mean to be disagreeable but how can you say reaction time has NOTHING to do with what you run? Your reaction time is kinda just time you're sitting there being timed while doing nothing isn't it? If you did the same run with a better reaction time your time will theoretically be that much faster wouldn't it? Or does it not start timing you until after you've left?

Just to make the numbers bigger so that I understand, say the light turned green and your reaction time was three whole seconds, would your time be three seconds slower or does it not start timing you until you leave anyway? Because if it starts timing you when the light turns green then reaction time can shave that much off your run, however much you can shave off until you have a perfect reaction time.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SpectorV is right reaction is just for self satisfaction. if you sit and wait for 4 seconds on your reaction it wont affect your ET. your 1/4 mile time starts whenever you leave the starting line.

my 60ft on that run was a 2.39 i need to get it down to 2.2 and i'll be in the 15's. I'm thinking of a 75 shot eventually.

·
Registered
298 Posts
timpryor said:
SpectorV is right reaction is just for self satisfaction. if you sit and wait for 4 seconds on your reaction it wont affect your ET. your 1/4 mile time starts whenever you leave the starting line.

my 60ft on that run was a 2.39 i need to get it down to 2.2 and i'll be in the 15's. I'm thinking of a 75 shot eventually.
I didn't know that, so you can actually leave three seconds later and finish two seconds after the other person and have a one second faster time and win even though you finished second? That is kinda strange, hahaha. I think next time I go, instead of staging I'm just going to blow through it and go down, hahaha.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no you will still lose however it does not affect your time, in most rules its whoever crosses the line 1st wins

pro tree=t'eh suck
sportsman tree= t'eh win

we were running pro tree and my 1st run i didn't know that so i took off a little late

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice Times man, my car is running a 16.1, I need to get my 60ft times down too and I will be in the 15's too. Anyway good luck on getting into the 15's. Oh yeah and my best reaction time on sportsman tree is .500. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
timpryor said:
no you will still lose however it does not affect your time, in most rules its whoever crosses the line 1st wins
Ahh, i see. I have never really had a close race at the track, you could always clearly tell who won or lost. I didn't know it didn't time that. Some guy on here had a 1.8 60ft. with a v6 auto. He had nitrous but I can't imagine using it too much in the first 60 ft. He did well though

·
Registered
517 Posts
He's right you can sit at the line for 10 minutes & get the same E.T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts