Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy, I thought I would drop by and update yall on my project. As yall prolly know im doing a top end swap by RPM! Heres a list of the mods going on in a few weeks (hopefully):

RPM BV heads w/all machine work etc
Cut and weld upper intake (plenum cut and raised to match throttle body)
Lower intake
216/225 Cam
60mm throttle body
Timing chain set
adj harland sharp RR's *edit* (foregot to put these!)

190lph holley fuel pump (already installed)
bbk adj fuel regulator
24# injectors

autolite copper core plugs
MSD wires
SCT chip

CAI (installed)
25% UDP (installed)
True 2.25 duals w/spintech pros (insatlled)

All the parts that arent already installed will be installed all at once by me:uhh:
Mik is just about done with everything, so I should be recieving my parts perdy soon!

I got a dyno a few weeks ago.

Max power: 140.5
Max torque: 208.9

Thats just with boltons and the pump, otherwise stock.

I will be getting another dyno when the parts are on and running! Hoping for another 100 or so hp/torque outta the new setup!

Later!

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
98GreenStallion said:
Howdy, I thought I would drop by and update yall on my project. As yall prolly know im doing a top end swap by RPM! Heres a list of the mods going on in a few weeks (hopefully):

RPM BV heads w/all machine work etc
Cut and weld upper intake (plenum cut and raised to match throttle body)
Lower intake
216/225 Cam
60mm throttle body
Timing chain set
bbk valve covers

190lph holley fuel pump (already installed)
bbk adj fuel regulator
24# injectors

autolite copper core plugs
MSD wires
SCT chip

CAI (installed)
25% UDP (installed)
True 2.25 duals w/spintech pros (insatlled)

All the parts that arent already installed will be installed all at once by me:uhh:
Mik is just about done with everything, so I should be recieving my parts perdy soon!

I got a dyno a few weeks ago.

Max power: 140.5
Max torque: 208.9

Thats just with boltons and the pump, otherwise stock.

I will be getting another dyno when the parts are on and running! Hoping for another 100 or so hp/torque outta the new setup!

Later!
Cool keep us updated

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I would can the 24# injectors for some 19#ers instead. I've got way more done than what you listed and my 19#ers are exactly what i need. Otherewise you'll need some major tuning to lean out your overly rich mixture. With the 24# injectors you'll be running about 10:1.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Danger Dude said:
I am in agreement with Rob get some 19#
Are yall sure? Cause Mik seems to favor the 24# with my setup?

LAst I heard my heads were being flowed last weekend. That and ordering my cam and welding my upper back together. That was a week ago so everything should be about ready to ship this week I hope...

Do yall think the SCT chip will tune me up good??

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
what are the stock injectors for 01's i am sure they will be enough for ported and polished heads/intakes/ and a cam with just bolt ons, set up for 3.8 n/a...wouldnt they?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
98GreenStallion said:
Are yall sure? Cause Mik seems to favor the 24# with my setup?

LAst I heard my heads were being flowed last weekend. That and ordering my cam and welding my upper back together. That was a week ago so everything should be about ready to ship this week I hope...

Do yall think the SCT chip will tune me up good??
I am running 19#, with 24# you better be getting a tune soon after BY GOD

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Danger Dude said:
I am running 19#, with 24# you better be getting a tune soon after BY GOD
Im buying a SCT chip from rpm that will be coming in the same time as everything else. That should do the job, but I think with BV's 24# injectors would be better for performance, with the chip of course. Without the chip, my car woulnt run very well after****s...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
98GreenStallion said:
Im buying a SCT chip from rpm that will be coming in the same time as everything else. That should do the job, but I think with BV's 24# injectors would be better for performance, with the chip of course. Without the chip, my car woulnt run very well after****s...
Actually it wont make any difference. The 19# and the 24# injectors can deliver more fuel than the car needs. All injectors do is deliver fuel. There is no added benefits to having larger than necessary injectors.

So no there will be no better or worse performance between the 2 on a Single port engine.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
98GreenStallion said:
Also, the reason I wouldn't get 24# injectors is because they're an overkill for your setup and you'll require more tuning to get your setup to run right. You can get just about any injector to run with any setup, but your have to tune for that and I personally would like an injector that I only have to fine tune. With larger injectors you have to start off in left field and where you wanna be is at home plate. And since I'm on the anologies, 19# injectors would atleast start you on the pitcher's mound. I'm just trying to help you out and no disrespect to Mik, but a mail order chip is not the best way to go about it. Dyno tuning is really the only way to do this.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
97Stallion said:
Also, the reason I wouldn't get 24# injectors is because they're an overkill for your setup and you'll require more tuning to get your setup to run right. You can get just about any injector to run with any setup, but your have to tune for that and I personally would like an injector that I only have to fine tune. With larger injectors you have to start off in left field and where you wanna be is at home plate. And since I'm on the anologies, 19# injectors would atleast start you on the pitcher's mound. I'm just trying to help you out and no disrespect to Mik, but a mail order chip is not the best way to go about it. Dyno tuning is really the only way to do this.
:good: :good: total agreement

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
:good: :good: total agreement
I'm glad you agree Corey!! :good: :good:

But 98GreenStallion, as you can see Corey and I are in total agreement with each other and I would have to say we're probably the two most experienced people on the site. So just do what we say or it's off with your head. :p:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to hear yours are almost done :good: I sent my heads and a cam in to Mik and he is working his magic with them.He already did my upper and lower intakes.Still waiting on the heads/cam, the machine shop messed up my heads and he is waiting for the previous guy to send his cores back..this sucks.

I have an extra set of 19lbs injectors from a 4.2l if your interested?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts