Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the middle of installing headers...I can't get the dipstick tube out of the drivers side. I unbolted it and pulled on it but i can't pull it all the way out cuz the top of the tube is hitting the brake booster, and the valve cover.Do i have to bend the tube a little?? any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes you do have to bend the tube a little but be carefull and bend it near the top and not where it goes into the block or you will snap it off. BE CAREFULL VERY CAREFULL!!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dropped the Y-pipe, and have almost all the bolts loose on the pass. side manifold....I don't have a wrench big (biggest is a 7/8s)enough to fit the EGR tube, I think its about 1" or slightly bigger not sure I would just use some channel locks but theres not enough room to get some up in there. So right now im stuck :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
941 Posts
open ratcheting wrenches and swivel sockets are a must. well, if you want to get it done anytime soon. take pictures if you can of what your problem is exactly and we can help better. what do you have, shorties or longtubes?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're shorties.I need to take off the EGR tube.

and the furthest rear manifold bolt is giving me alot of trouble.

·
Registered
941 Posts
what do you mean "manifold bolt", there is only primary tubes (the small ones that contact the heads) and the collector, which is the large flange on the bottom side.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what I ment is the primarys at the bottom rear. It won't budge, I can't even pull the stud out of the head....I think im just going to take it somewhere and have them finish it up

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did. well now that i got the y pipe dropped down I might be able to get a better shot at it. Ill spray it again and let it soak in for a little while.

·
Registered
941 Posts
wd40 is alright, but get the little straw that you can put on the can and put it on LIQUID WRENCH. LW helps a lot more than wd40. get a 6 point ratcheting (sp?) wrench as well if you can't get at it good.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got it finally..I went out and bought some liquid wrench sprayed that on there, and let it sit for a little bit, and was able to break it loose. :D Sounds about the same as it did before. slightly deeper. and it seems to pull a little harder. I would love to get it on a dyno but I have no clue what the gains are..Thank you guys for your help. :thumb2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts