Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife has had her 2004 GT since new. Decided it was time for a few appearance upgrades. Picked up step 1 this weekend. uploadfromtaptalk1482158774681.jpg

Step 2 should be here around the first. Let the unicorn build commence. uploadfromtaptalk1482158836996.jpg

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome and sounds like you learned a thing or two. Might have to pick your brain one day.

Would love a coyote swap, but my V6 is no sloth lol. Probably won't happen unless I find a great deal on a donor GT.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Hey guys I'm JR meet my baby Frankenstein. I'm new to mustang forums. A little about my stang. It's a 2010 V6 that has been through hardship lol by hard ship I mean it has a salvage tittle and has been through a lot of abuse before me. Well I bought it just recently and wasn't so satisfied with the v6 performance and the body appearance. For educational purposes I started researching on how to make it faster better. Long story short, I ended up yanking that's v6 out of the hood and dumping in a coyote V8 now it's just a beast on wheels. Tho still on the surgery recovery (relearn) process. I love it. If you're in the Bay Area CA and need help with anything mustang S197 to be specific but not limited, let me know I can put my 2 cents in, I have basically done everything you can possible do to a car to mine at this point. From engine swap, transmission swap, shaft swap, differential swap, entire body harness swap, all module reprogramming, rcm sensors install, you name it. Nice to be part of the community. I'll post pics every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Welcome too MEVO.

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what happened here...

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
What the actual f*ck? :lol: I was so confused too at first.

Is that a silver mach 1 hood or is it the lighting?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What the actual f*ck? I was so confused too at first.

Is that a silver mach 1 hood or is it the lighting?
White. Redfire now. Paint will be done today. Have to wait until after the 1st for the bumper to get here.

Shaker assembly has been cleaned. Throwing a new coat of satin black on the scoop and installing monday hopefully. Using the factory mach setup so it will be functional.
uploadfromtaptalk1482510501585.jpeg

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To show what difference a base makes both the hood and fender were painted with the exact same color. Fender was black, hood was white. Blacking out the hood and going back over it today. Rest of the car is getting a few coats of color then clear everything

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uploadfromtaptalk1486136517750.jpg

Just going to leave this here...

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Looks real good. Doing the Mach 1 hood stripe or leaving it off?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks real good. Doing the Mach 1 hood stripe or leaving it off?
Leaving it off. I think it's cleaner without.

Tomorrow car is getting shocks/struts/cc plates/ h&r race springs/ball joints/tie rod ends/sway bar endlinks/steering rack bushings/front control arm bushings/rotors and pads and a brake fluid flush.

Much needed in a 13 year old car

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the record that suspension overhaul was a pita. Started about 830 and finished at 700.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Leaving it off. I think it's cleaner without.

I agree. That color doesn't need any accents.
For the record that suspension overhaul was a pita. Started about 830 and finished at 700.
Not so much hard as it is tedious. Unless you come across the occasional stubborn bolt or two.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not so much hard as it is tedious. Unless you come across the occasional stubborn bolt or two.
Control arm bushings fought me. Couldn't get them in my press.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts