Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 08 gt and was curious on how much hp can the axle take i met some guys saying to upgrade it. I want to make sure this is true before i spend unnecxesary amounts of money. Right now i dont really have any performance upgrades but i will after the holidays and i dont go to the track or anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
What mods are you doing? Unless you are getting CRAZY with mods, I wouldn't worry about that for awhile. I've seen these cars pushing 500 HP with the stock axle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BenGT07 said:
What mods are you doing? Unless you are getting CRAZY with mods, I wouldn't worry about that for awhile. I've seen these cars pushing 500 HP with the stock axle.
Ok thats what i thought im not trying to go crazy i figured he was didnt know what he was talking bout

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

garbill2003 said:
Engine upgrades would be done before my rearend :)
And i agree with you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Maybe they were talking about putting in gears, 3.73 or 4.10's as an upgrade. But you would probably destroy the bottom end of the motor, tranny, driveshaft, before the rear axle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
Kcstunna82 said:
Ok i have a 08 gt and was curious on how much hp can the axle take i met some guys saying to upgrade it. I want to make sure this is true before i spend unnecxesary amounts of money. Right now i dont really have any performance upgrades but i will after the holidays and i dont go to the track or anything
The stock axles are good up to about 600 HP. Anything after that then you should upgrade them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
What that guy MEANT to say, lower it, do new LCA'S and UCA'S and go to 4.10 gears before anything else. It'll be like a new car :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BenGT07 said:
What that guy MEANT to say, lower it, do new LCA'S and UCA'S and go to 4.10 gears before anything else. It'll be like a new car :)
And that was my plan but he was saying go with a stronger axle and all the crap and i knew i wasnt trying ti have that much power for street driving to break the rear axle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Upgrade your differential and put a rear end girdle and you should be good to go! Trust me nothing sucks more then blowing out a rear end like I did with my car, it wasn't cheap but I guess I also upgraded to a completely done rear end!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
The rear does have some weak spots, under certain conditions.
unless you are running it hard, or lunching high with DR's, Don't wory about it. If it breaks just fix it.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top