Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
10,682 Posts
I’d call VMP for the upgrades. They do a lot of Roush cars. Other thing is what else have you done to your car already?

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

· Premium Member
10,682 Posts
I’d probably just do a basic pulley, throttle body, CAI set up. Then do chassis stuff for the car. And maybe better wheel set up. If you have a MT82, I’d be cautious with how wild you go with this.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

· Registered
282 Posts
I have a 2013 Roush with a stage 3 supercharger & I would like to upgrade it to get all that I can get out of it in terms of horsepower. What mods would I need to do?
You need to purchase the Roush Phase 1 to Phase 3 upgrade kit. Comes complete including the voucher for the Roush tune. I happen to have found one on eBay new at a steal of a price. Just waiting for the spring to install it. It comes with CAI, 80mm pulley, smaller belt, external fuel pressure regulator, plug and play wiring harness. Sold elsewhere and not just from Roush

2011-2014 5.0L Mustang ROUSH Phase 1 to Phase 3 Supercharger Upgrade Kit

· Registered
23 Posts
Everything is stock. I actually found out that it is phase 1 supercharger.
Are you running 91 or 93 octane gas in the Mustang?

Phase 3 is the logical upgrade. I have used VMP and AED for tunes, I prefer AED. You say the Mustang is stock outside of the Phase 1 Roush kit correct? If so I would highly recommend some traction mods. The stock 245 or 255 tires (depending on Mustang package from Ford) and suspension components are not enough to put the power down.

· Registered
282 Posts
Are you running 91 or 93 octane gas in the Mustang?

Phase 3 is the logical upgrade. I have used VMP and AED for tunes, I prefer AED. You say the Mustang is stock outside of the Phase 1 Roush kit correct? If so I would highly recommend some traction mods. The stock 245 or 255 tires (depending on Mustang package from Ford) and suspension components are not enough to put the power down.
It needs more than just a tune unfortunately. A stock Stage 3 Roush is lowered with upgraded suspension, upgraded rear control arms, 20x9.5 wheels w/P275/35/R20 tires on all 4 corners. There are 2 kits that can be purchased, a phase 1 to phase 2 which is basically the CAI and a tune, they give a pulley and belt but those are for the '11-'12 Roush mustangs and a voucher for Roush tune to upload. This phase 2 kit will give you 625HP at the crank and 525 lb-ft of torque. There's also the phase 1 to phase 3 which supplies an 80mm pulley and belt, CAI, fuel booster module, plug and play wiring harness and voucher for Roush tune to upload. This kit will give you 675HP at the crank and 585 lb-ft of torque

· Registered
23 Posts
It needs more than just a tune unfortunately. A stock Stage 3 Roush is lowered with upgraded suspension, upgraded rear control arms, 20x9.5 wheels w/P275/35/R20 tires on all 4 corners. There are 2 kits that can be purchased, a phase 1 to phase 2 which is basically the CAI and a tune, they give a pulley and belt but those are for the '11-'12 Roush mustangs and a voucher for Roush tune to upload. This phase 2 kit will give you 625HP at the crank and 525 lb-ft of torque. There's also the phase 1 to phase 3 which supplies an 80mm pulley and belt, CAI, fuel booster module, plug and play wiring harness and voucher for Roush tune to upload. This kit will give you 675HP at the crank and 585 lb-ft of torque
Not sure if you miss read my post or are agreeing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts