Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a 1999 MUstang convertible 35th anniversary manual V6
and i wanted to upgrade my wheels- should i go with 17s or 18s? i have ones picked out but they are 17X7, is that to thin and shoulkd i worry bout the offset patterns??

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I would suggest 17s because tires for 18s are outrageous. Depends on what kind of look you want and how deep your pockets are.

Usually Mustangs go with 17x8, 17x9, 18x8, or 18x9. They do make wheels wider than 8 and 9, but that will most likely be too wide and too much tire for your V6. I know all this cuz I just asked a question about 17x10.5 :cool: side note, i have 17x9.

they do make wheels that are "import wheels" (i.e. thin, like the 17x7 you mentioned) that have the correct lug pattern and offset, but imho, they don't look good. They also won't be as good for handling and what not.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
haha, everybody will have their own opinion. I like mine, chrome cobra R's, not the Y2Ks. get some pics up of your car, then im sure people will offer suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
yeah rims are easy to get, its the tires that are hard.. I have a set of take off 99GT rims, I like them.. I think they look better on a pre99 then a 99+..

·
Banned
321 Posts
I have a few choice rims I am thinking about for myself... I plan on going with 18's and wheel spacers on the back... Hope my ideas help!!

Ford Racing Bullit Wheel - Chrome

Boyd Coddington Magneato - Polished

Fondmetal 9X

Armano Hampton

Armano 04 Dunamis

Fittipaldi T5P

·
Registered
941 Posts
kaper232 said:
i dont know what you heard about me/a ***** aint gonna dolla outta me/cause i'm a muthaf&&&&&n P-I-M-P.

whatcha need, opinions? 18" tires will rape you. 17s are overkill for stock suspension as it is but i'm guessing you want teh bLinG.

austin

·
Banned
321 Posts
no, im not looking for opinions -50 Cent-, was showing DMAC some that were on the market... but thanks -YO-:afro:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts