Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do some upgrade and I'm asking for ideas...so far I have an short throw shifter and all stock...so lets hear them lol

·
Banned
510 Posts
No doubt. It's possible that you could be in financial ruins by then, much like the rest of us. How fast you wanna go depends on how much you have to spend. That and whether or not emissions are enforced where you live haha. If you don't wanna go nuts, I'd suggest an offroad H pipe, CAI, axel backs, and a tuner.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
No doubt. It's possible that you could be in financial ruins by then, much like the rest of us. How fast you wanna go depends on how much you have to spend. That and whether or not emissions are enforced where you live haha. If you don't wanna go nuts, I'd suggest an offroad H pipe, CAI, axel backs, and a tuner.
I'd go JLT 3 with tuner, 410 gears and keep your factory mid pipe on and remove the mufflers (best sounding exhaust) I put and off road x pipe on my car and didn't pick up any time in the 1/4 and now I have to worry about emissions

·
Banned
510 Posts
I'd go JLT 3 with tuner, 410 gears and keep your factory mid pipe on and remove the mufflers (best sounding exhaust) I put and off road x pipe on my car and didn't pick up any time in the 1/4 and now I have to worry about emissions
How the **** did you not gain by losing the cats. Does not compute.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Wow no ****. You been dynoed yet? I'm going today =D
No, I only have gears intake tune and exhaust, so I really don't care to spend the money on a dyno pull, maybe this summer when they have local shops do open houses and dyno em for free

·
Banned
510 Posts
No, I only have gears intake tune and exhaust, so I really don't care to spend the money on a dyno pull, maybe this summer when they have local shops do open houses and dyno em for free
Yea I totally agree. I wasn't gonna do this until I had all my boltons. Doesn't make sense otherwise. Ill post videos later tonight though

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would do tune, CAI, axle backs, gears, and a one piece driveshaft.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

And long tube headers and offroad midpipe if you have the money

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I would do tune, CAI, axle backs, gears, and a one piece driveshaft.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

And long tube headers and offroad midpipe if you have the money
Just curious, why would you do one piece driveshaft before doing longtube headers?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Just curious, why would you do one piece driveshaft before doing longtube headers?
The driveshaft picks up just about the same time in the 1/4 and it's a nice mod for drivability and cost. The headers cost about the same plus a tune then plus the headaches of emissions

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

An the headers are a ***** to install

·
Registered
916 Posts
The driveshaft picks up just about the same time in the 1/4 and it's a nice mod for drivability and cost. The headers cost about the same plus a tune then plus the headaches of emissions

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

An the headers are a ***** to install
Exactly what I was going to say. Lol

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

And also depending on what headers you go with and if they are new the cost will be 3-400 dollars if not a little more on average

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say. Lol

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

And also depending on what headers you go with and if they are new the cost will be 3-400 dollars if not a little more on average
But you'll need a new mid pipe and if you need cats, your at 700-1200 easy then if you pay for an install that's another 300-600

·
Registered
916 Posts
But you'll need a new mid pipe and if you need cats, your at 700-1200 easy then if you pay for an install that's another 300-600
Ya that's why I was saying on average. Depending on how you go about it with the install and all that. So the driveshaft is definitely a better choice for the money

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Makes sense,
But the drive shaft doesn't sound as good.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Makes sense,
But the drive shaft doesn't sound as good.
No but just cutting off my mufflers sounded better then my full exhaust

1 - 20 of 23 Posts