Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna swap the brakes off a Cobra to my V6 when I put on a set of 20s :headbang:. What all needs to be swapped? I got stainless steel lines and just need to know what else I need.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Dubs don't look right on sn95s. Atleast everyone I've seen hasn't but its your car. You need calibers, rotors, and a bracket. Check eBay that's where I seen em. But look around, you might find elsewhere cheaper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not? 20s make it sit better. Putting low pros on the front and bigger tires on the rear. I'm a tall guy and its hard to get in and out of a car that sits so low. I plan to put a body kit on it to make up for the height difference so it still looks low.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Swap out to the cobra lines, calipers, pads, and rotors, they have bigger brakes/taller rotors, I forget if the difference is made up by the caliper or if it requires a bracket to elevate the caliper some

BigT03 said:
Why not? 20s make it sit better. Putting low pros on the front and bigger tires on the rear. I'm a tall guy and its hard to get in and out of a car that sits so low. I plan to put a body kit on it to make up for the height difference so it still looks low.
Staggered 20's lol not as good as you'll think but to each they're own
You'll be gaining a lot of weight and making it harder to get up and go with those, lose a couple MPG's if that matters (most don't care in a mustang anyways) but at least the new brakes should counter the gain in distance to stop the car from the larger rotational mass of the wheels

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
18's max on a new edge..i've only seen a handful of 20's on these cars and none of them look good at all. makes them look like a cheap hot wheels car to me. but to upgrade them i'd look into an SVE brake upgrade kit from LMR

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the ideas. If the 20s don't look right when I put them on I'll try 18s. This car wasn't made for speed lol. It's a v6. I pushed it to 117 mph(too slow). I'm goin for show and comfort. The mpg does matter but I'm working on ways to lighten the car to counter the extra weight of the rims.

·
Registered
420 Posts
BigT03 said:
I wanna swap the brakes off a Cobra to my V6 when I put on a set of 20s :headbang:. What all needs to be swapped? I got stainless steel lines and just need to know what else I need.
You'll need new brake fluid

·
Registered
502 Posts
Our cars have a factory limiter on them. They top out at about 115. If you tune it they can do much better than that . You should atleast hit about 140

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Any specific kind? Or just replace the old fluid?
you can replace with the factory Dot 3..however if this car is gonna see real track action you can flush the whole system and start from scratch with Dot 5.1 (NOT 5.0).

but with the 20's you want i don't think this will see much action

1 - 12 of 12 Posts