Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I place a Flowmaster-17275-Cat-back-System for 99-04 Ford Mustang 3.8L/ V6 even though my stang is 3.9L and can I combine with an Pypes o/r X-pipe? Please let me know I want my crimson roaring all beefed up asap.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Vile87 said:
Can I place a Flowmaster-17275-Cat-back-System for 99-04 Ford Mustang 3.8L/ V6 even though my stang is 3.9L and can I combine with an Pypes o/r X-pipe? Please let me know I want my crimson roaring all beefed up asap.
Well, the 3.9 is literally the same engine as the 3.8... So everything from the 2004/2003 3.8 will work fine with it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool yeah man its the first time I look into this. Appreciate the help

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Reason why I asked about that particular catback was because I have someone who is selling it for $250.00 so I was considering it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Well in that case you could take it to a shop and have them cut and weld that catback onto the pypes x-pipe

For a proper shop it wont really be a big deal, they'll just cut the y of the V6 cat back and run some piping from that to the x, weld it up and you're good to go!!

But like I tell everyone over at AFM, a complete custom made exhaust is 90% of the time cheaper than the best deals you can get on premade systems

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know the catback system is new unused in the box and for only 250.00 where he got? I don't ask lol. Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
Las0mbra said:
Well, the 3.9 is literally the same engine as the 3.8... So everything from the 2004/2003 3.8 will work fine with it.
True. I have the 3.9 and I'm running an H pipe with true dual flowmasters. No cats :eek: gotta love FL lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in California buy I careless about emission test. I got a guy that will give me the green for the right price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts