Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a 2006 v6 convertible mustang, as kind of a "hobby" car. I have always loved mustangs! I am looking to completely build this mustang up to the best performing v6 possible (without supercharger for the time being). What kind of tuning kits and cam shafts, headers, cold air intake, gears, suspension, chips, etc. I am new to the rebuilding. it is a v6 5 speed manual. It has dual headers, but only on tail pipe. It has a flow master in it. any suggestions? I really appreciate it in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i'd slap on a dual exhaust then drive it as is...save your money until you can afford to go FI

·
Registered
344 Posts
It blows my mind how many guys buy our V6 (4.0L) and then want tons of power from it. For the money you'll spend getting real power out of the block you might as well have bought a V8.

Forced Induction or Nitrous, a built motor, and then the new back end you'll want and we are talking what? An easy 7 grand? And that's on the cheap, too.

I'll always love V6's (again, the 4.0L) as Slow Stangs, show cars and hobby DD's.

Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I understand that I won't get "tons" of power out of the v6, but for the price I got this v6 convertible with very low milage I wasn't going to say no. I bought it as a project. I have always wanted a mustang just never really put anything into getting one, when this deal came up I took it. I'm not looking to race it, or out run anyone on the streets, I want a good looking car that has a bit of speed. Granted the speed thing is an issue, but I never said I wanted tons of power. All I was asking for is help on adding mods to the existing motor, not to get v8 power from a v6. And sorry I blew your mind.... I guess.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, then what was said above is best; spend your money on a supercharger or turbo kit. You'll need to back it up, but that's the best way to make real power on the 4.0L.

You can build the motor out with bolt on's but even that will only net you what, maybe 25-35 ponies?

Do a FI build, back it up at the manifold etc, then throw a nitrous kit on. Bam!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would like to see this 4.0 with the max amount of power before you do anything like a turbo or supercharger. I know that to get the most power you have to use a supercharger or turbo. But it would be nice to see a completely built NA 4.0.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have every bolt on u can put on the v6 with out having a supercharger (still saving up) an I'm at 300hp with a 93 oct tune by sct an bama tunes an I've put tons of money into my v6 yeah ur better off buying a gt but this was my first car I've had it since hs

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have every bolt on u can put on the v6 with out having a supercharger (still saving up) an I'm at 300hp with a 93 oct tune by sct an bama tunes an I've put tons of money into my v6 yeah ur better off buying a gt but this was my first car I've had it since hs
I'm sorry but I highly doubt that unless its fully built. Do you have dyno sheet?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Best and easiest way to make power from the V6s is to use a supercharger. And build the motor to work with it. Obviously with a supercharger you need dual exhausts as well.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Unless I see a dyno sheet I can't believe that, other people have full bolt ons and barely push 240-250rwhp.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts