Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy a set of HPM Megabite control arms like new for $260. This is a good deal but I was hopin to get some feedback. Has anyone used these or know anyone with them?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Was told they hook the hardest, recently read they are not making them any more. Not sure if that's true. The guys I knew with fast DD's all ran mega bites. Though the ride quality wi suffer slightly, that's how you know they work lol as for price I don't know.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks for the info! This price is great because the run over 500 for the set new and these are like new.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm real excited. They should be here by end of the week. Does anyone else know much about them?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes they hook very well. Make sure you reinforce torque boxes and everything otherwise you will cause damage. They are hard on the body of the car

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeah I've heard these are really hard. Definitely upgrade the torque boxes... and be ready to learn how to drive with a set of controll arms that feel welded in place... personally I prefer the lakewood or even bbk arms...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I did the plates and put huge welds all the way around it all and even another reinforcement plate under the car where the control arm bolts to the torque box. And im only running MM weight jackers on this car

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
onesickstang01 said:
I did the plates and put huge welds all the way around it all and even another reinforcement plate under the car where the control arm bolts to the torque box. And im only running MM weight jackers on this car
Very nice! I've seen stock boxes rip out of rotted boxes!

·
Registered
441 Posts
If its a DD its a little overkill. They are awesome parts but for streets MM will do just as well, less noise, and better ride/handling. Im actually a fan of BMR as well

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So should I look into Lakewood? Mm? What would be the best for me? I rarely see the track but I do want something that will hook with the 315s and a v1 t-trim I am in the process of getting

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay I'll have to look into them. Do they offer different ones or what should I be looking for?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Also, do I need both uppers and lowers? Or will just one or the other work for me?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I run MM weight jackers and love them. MM make several different styles(different bushings) and i think bmr now makes them with urethane bushings and spherical but not 100% sure. Lowers are most important. Uppers not as much but if adjustable they allow you to dial in your pinion angle

1 - 20 of 26 Posts