Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
They all do the same thing. If you are lowered I would highly suggest adjustable uppers to properly set pinion angle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Consider also anti-squat brackets for lower control arms. See KennyBrown.com. AM may have them too in other brands.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'm running metco double adjustable uppers and j&m weight jacker lowers. Not a bad combination of pieced together parts. I prefer solid lowers to help prevent against any movement on launch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Loflyn, Those LCAs look different than anything I've seen. Does the rear spring sit on the LCA? What is theory on this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
GregC said:
Loflyn, Those LCAs look different than anything I've seen. Does the rear spring sit on the LCA? What is theory on this? Thanks.
Yes, you can then adjust the ride height and geometry of the suspension with a 1/2" rachet. I use it to raise the rear of my car to clear 28" slicks at the track but still have it slammed for the street.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, you can then adjust the ride height and geometry of the suspension with a 1/2" rachet. I use it to raise the rear of my car to clear 28" slicks at the track but still have it slammed for the street.
So you can raise and lower the car a range if 1" while the tires are on the ground with those J&M LCAs? I'm looking at buying them but didn't know if the whole threaded perch thing worked well.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ewokjax95 said:
So you can raise and lower the car a range if 1" while the tires are on the ground with those J&M LCAs? I'm looking at buying them but didn't know if the whole threaded perch thing worked well.
I haven't had any problems with them and i'm hard on them at the.dragstrip and autox. It's almost 2.5" of total adjustment. I can tuck my rears all the way under the fenders or take it back up to stock ride height in a few minutes on factory v6 springs

·
Registered
407 Posts
Would you see any of the height adjustment towards the front. I realize the arms are on the rear but I'm looking for a way to adjust the front (behind the from wheel) up about a 1/2". The car rubs the retractable tire shredders when I go on base. My car is lowered on Eibach springs And is great except entering the base. Hate hearing that rubbing sound.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Polar Bear said:
Would you see any of the height adjustment towards the front. I realize the arms are on the rear but I'm looking for a way to adjust the front (behind the from wheel) up about a 1/2". The car rubs the retractable tire shredders when I go on base. My car is lowered on Eibach springs And is great except entering the base. Hate hearing that rubbing sound.
Hate to say it but you're gonna have to raise the front a little. You can pick up a pair of maximum motorsports urethane isolators, it will give you an extra 1/4 to 1/2 height vs the factory ones.

When I lift my rear for track use the front chin spoiler ends up less than 2.5" off the ground. Not much you can do to the spot you're talking about other than raise the front a touch.

Personally i'm going coilover so I can raise the front for track use and slam it back down for street. Definitely not something you can do on a daily basis as you have to pull the wheels off to adjust coil overs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks. What ever I end up doing I would like to keep it permanent. Not looking for frequent adjustments. I live in Japan and the safety inspections on vehicles is a real pain in the arse.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A 2.5" range of adjustment of height is pretty crazy to me for some LCAs. I need em!! How about the adjustable MM LCAs? How much adjustment do you get with those?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts