Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Steeda adjustable upper control arm with a "Rod End" on it that connects to the Steeda Bracket Mount I put in as well. I knew to expect more road noise and vibrations as a result of putting in a UCA with a rod end, but what I'm getting isn't road noise. It is a distinct metal clacking noise. The best way to describe this is; imagine you a a grocery bag with two jars of pasta sauce, or jelly, whatever. The noise those to jars make when they hit each other is the noise I getting now.

Before anyone jumps to a conclusion, I've triple checked all of the bolts the connect the bracket to the body, the control arm bolt to the bracket, the arm to the differential, and the arm itself in tight too from the jam nuts. However, when I hit a dip, or even sometimes when I approach a stop, then accelerate, I'll get that clack noise. And I did not leave a tool up there either.

I have managed to pinpoint the source of the noise, "I think". I left my rear seat out for a while and noticed that it comes from right underneath the right side rear seat. When I put my hand on it when driving, I can feel the clack as well.

Has anyone else had this result with a rod end UCA? Any insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can you send some pictures of this, or a link to the part that you installed? I just did the lower control arms on my car recently and I'm just trying to picture what you might've changed in order to get that noise. Anyway, any pics or links would be helpful

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts