Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how difficult it is to install control arms in my 00 GT? could I do it myself? thanks

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea you can with the help from a friend for sure, its rather easy the only real hard part is getting to the bolts and getting the the bolts on the tq boxes, that are where the lower control arm bolts to the frame. You may have to unbolt the exhaust and push it over to get to these bolts, or get the bolts out of the hole, other than this its very easy, Just remember to use a nice hydrolic jack and get a friend to help with teh lining up of the holes when you put the new ones in, and you need to tq the control arms down whlie the weight is on the car. so you can put the rear axle tubes on stands or tq them good and drive to a drive on lift and get someone to tq them down, check the tq specs they recommend so you know how tight htey need to be. it should take you an evening, maybe a day to do and tools needed are just alot of good sockets and wrenches~

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, should the torque specs come with the arms?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
doubtful but i know stock are 90ftlbs~ and its NOT easy to do under a car.... lol the hardest part on the whole swap is getting to the bolts that are on the frame.... the exhasut is in the way, i paid a shop to take my old lcas off and put stock ones on cuz of this fact. they had a flat square metal bar 1.5 inches by like 30 and pretty thin, they also had a little adapter that fit in a 6 sided hole in the bar, then a socket stuck on the adapter, pretty slick cuz a ratched is to fat to fit in the gap, this bar fit perfectly and allowed them to loosen the bolt with out having to unbolt the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
its not hard. Just make sure you have the car on jack stands and if you put the jack under the pumpkin, it will help align the uppers easier.

Took me about 45min to install all 4 when I did it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts