Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before installing the used Accufab throttle body/plenum that I picked up.

Is there a gasket between the upper plenum and the intake manifold? Parts websites show an o-ring type gasket but I've noticed no plenums or TB/plenum combos come with this gasket. So if its there, is it replaceable and do I need to?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
it usually comes with an intake manifold. go to an autoparts store and grab a fel pro plenum gasket.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it usually comes with an intake manifold. go to an autoparts store and grab a fel pro plenum gasket.

Thanks! I'll be sure to do that

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Its a little light blue or orange rubber gasket. There is a groove in the intake it sits right into. If you already have the rubber one there then you are good. They are re-usable unless they are trashed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scotty, I wondered about that. The local stores don't stock it so I'm going to try to pick one up this weekend just to have in case I need it.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Rockauto sells it. Hell Amazon probably does too. I've found that with a Prime membership you can often cross reference Rockauto part numbers on Amazon and save an assload of money on shipping and get it in 2 days too.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I just let my Prime membership expire. It's not worth $100 to me. Last year I let it go too and not long after they sent me an offer to get it for $50. I'm waiting to see if they do that again.

I'm headed south this weekend and I've called CarQuest down there. They will have it in the morning and since I used to work there, they still give me employee cost ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts