Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on Craigslist is selling a upr short throw shifter for100, should I do it? I haven't heard much about these, any good?

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I had one on my old car. Pretty notch but really positive engagement. Loved how race car the thing felt. My steeda one is better for everyday but that cheap shifter was so much fun.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had one on my old car. Pretty notch but really positive engagement. Loved how race car the thing felt. My steeda one is better for everyday but that cheap shifter was so much fun.
Is it noiser than the steeda? I heard they let alot of noise thru. I know the steeda is better but is the cheap one worth it?
How many miles did u use it?
sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
Is it noiser than the steeda? I heard they let alot of noise thru. I know the steeda is better but is the cheap one worth it?
How many miles did u use it?
sorry for all the questions.
It isn't much noisier. The stuff springs make it notchier than the steeda but in some ways I preferred it to the steeda. For the price I think it's worth it for sure. The shifter is a serious weak point imo. I had my upr one for probably 40k km and it was perfect the whole time. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It isn't much noisier. The stuff springs make it notchier than the steeda but in some ways I preferred it to the steeda. For the price I think it's worth it for sure. The shifter is a serious weak point imo. I had my upr one for probably 40k km and it was perfect the whole time. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner.
Thanks for info, appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are u running that $45 shifter? Any good?
I have not bought it yet but I will try anything that is guaranteed for at least a year. I am not picky and if something works I will go with it. When I put it in I will let you guys know how it shifts and sounds!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
robb15033 said:
You'll end up with a MGW one day sooner or later.....
Ive driven a couple gts and a cobra with the mgw and i prefer the steeda. Just a preference thing. I like the notchiness of it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
there are FAR better shifter for not much more, I would pass 100%. Try to find an MGW shifter for 94-04 those work very good (can only buy new from MGWltd.com

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts