Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get urethane??? I found a urethane front end, but I want to know how much of a beating they can take compared to fiberglass.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well Urethane is what Most Car dealers use as there main body for the cars...and fiberglass well is kinda like a Glass House in perspective... you would not want to shoot a bee-bee gun in one...

I have a fiberglass bumper's on my car, and it was a pure hellion installing, just ask Corey aka Danger Dude, he assisted....

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Your stock front bumper is urethane. It bends, it flexes, its stong. Fiberglass is what the underside of the hood is and the stock spoiler.

You slam you hand down on my spoiler hard enough and it will split in two pieces.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
RedDragonV6 said:
Should I get urethane??? I found a urethane front end, but I want to know how much of a beating they can take compared to fiberglass.
defanitely dont get fiberglass

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Dom said:
Your stock front bumper is urethane. It bends, it flexes, its stong. Fiberglass is what the underside of the hood is and the stock spoiler.

You slam you hand down on my spoiler hard enough and it will split in two pieces.
When I had my wreck the impact split the hood in half. There was fiberglass everywhere

·
Registered
614 Posts
You guys need to realize tho too... fiberglass or not, if you get into an accident like that, whatever you have is gonna get f'ed up. Urethane is more expensive, but if you can afford it, get it. :thumbsup:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Shahrum said:
You guys need to realize tho too... fiberglass or not, if you get into an accident like that, whatever you have is gonna get f'ed up. Urethane is more expensive, but if you can afford it, get it. :thumbsup:
true in a sense, but if you hit a raccoon like i did and it cracks the **** outta your bumper youll be mad (with fiberglass) Urethane woulda just bend and killed the fugger :evil:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the Demon kit that Mrbodykit.com has is TRUE urethane?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like that Cobra R front bumper too, but I dont want clearance issues. Plus, its urethane!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts