Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled my tank up today, and I come home and I smell some bad fumes.. I look under my car and I see gas pouring out of somewhere above on my gas tank...
Heres some pics:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
If you have not been stump jumping my guess is the filler neck is the issue. Be very careful with this. I would not drive it until its sorted out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We replaced the grommet so it's not that.. It looks like it might be coming out of where the fuel pump is........

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
There is a seal there too I believe. Have you had the pump out recently? Or maybe the filter?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did have to lower the the tank to put the new grommet on... That might have done something.. The gas is slowing down a little.. By the way, this is my first time filling the tank all the way.. And it had to happen on a night where I need my car..

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
BrandonL said:
We did have to lower the the tank to put the new grommet on... That might have done something.. The gas is slowing down a little.. By the way, this is my first time filling the tank all the way.. And it had to happen on a night where I need my car..
A lot of times problems can be tied to the last mod or work done. I'd take it back down and take a look! :good:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
check where the filter locks into the gas line..you may have pulled it partially loose..or you may have pulled the connection line from the tank to the gas line loose when dropping the tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts