Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn best news I've heard about the new model in a long while. Ford exec confirms that the new model will get an Ecoboost 4 base model, but only in Europe. Which means we'll keep our V6 base model here :headbang:

Still, 300hp from a 2.3L is pretty potent. :good:

Just the Facts:

- The 2015 Ford Mustang is slated to get a fuel-efficient 2.3-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine, but only for European editions.
- The engine is based on the turbocharged 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine featured in the 2013 Ford Focus ST.
- Engine output is likely to rise from 252 horsepower to 300 hp in 2.3-liter form, according to company insiders.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
its fine for the base model as long as the hp/tq are a match as well as performance is the same.

I hope its not like another 1995 release issue where they underrated the 93 mustang to make the 94/05 5.0 look superior when they were slower :) or in 96 when they hp stayed but the tq dropped and thus once again slower lol.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Who gives a **** if the base model here has a 4 cyl in it. And this isn't confirmed. This is a link to a forum post. I'd like to see a 4 cyl 6cyl and an 8.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Whats the benefit of a 4 and a 6?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Whats the benefit of a 4 and a 6?
Lol. What's there too hate. Fast is fast. There lies the difference between some. Ford can rock out a 3 cylinder mustang as long as that sucker is rocking out 350 HP. So many guys get caught up in how many cylinders stuff has. Fast is fast. If Ford can give the Mustang 340 HP, 4 cylinder, ecoboost engine that's running faster times than the 3.7 and can get 35 plus mpg's, where do I sign up.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Lol. What's there too hate. Fast is fast. There lies the difference between some. Ford can rock out a 3 cylinder mustang as long as that sucker is rocking out 350 HP. So many guys get caught up in how many cylinders stuff has. Fast is fast. If Ford can give the Mustang 340 HP, 4 cylinder, ecoboost engine that's running faster times than the 3.7 and can get 35 plus mpg's, where do I sign up.
But you'd be sacrificing exhaust sexiness :p

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
But you'd be sacrificing exhaust sexiness :p
True, but not everybody who buys a mustang cares about how loud the exhaust is. Some just want a very sexy, fast pony car. I personally, like the nice exhaust tone but fast is fast. I think its great Ford would give three options for there engine choices. Base 4 cylinder Turbo, maybe 330 HP. 3.7 V6 370 HP and then the 5.0 engine. Nothing wrong with more options for consumers who have different needs. Not every person on the planet wants a car with a V8.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
True, but not everybody who buys a mustang cares about how loud the exhaust is. Some just want a very sexy, fast pony car. I personally, like the nice exhaust tone but fast is fast. I think its great Ford would give three options for there engine choices. Base 4 cylinder Turbo, maybe 330 HP. 3.7 V6 370 HP and then the 5.0 engine. Nothing wrong with more options for consumers who have different needs. Not every person on the planet wants a car with a V8.
V6 w/ 370 I think that's pushing it, but well see :p
And most people that buy mustangs don't do anything to them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My last car was a Dodge Caliber SRT4 with a 4 cyl that had 300 hp. Personally, I thought the exhaust note was pretty sweet. It wasn't the same as a v8 but it also wasn't that raspy fart can ricer exhaust either.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
V6 w/ 370 I think that's pushing it, but well see :p
And most people that buy mustangs don't do anything to them.
Well yeah, I was just using an example of HP number. Lol. But it good to have three different engine options. Everybody has different wants in a car but if someone loves the sexiness of the stang but wants a car to get 35 plus mpg, then a 4 banger with 300 plus HP would be perfect for that person. Certainly , not perfect for all but some people don't want a 700 HP car and don't care about going the 1/4 mile in 12.5 or less. Lol.

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
the v6 really doesnt sound that great in the new 3.7 anyways, much better than the older but nothing to cry about losing.... however I would choose 3.7 100x over a 4 banger with loud exhasut blah

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
the v6 really doesnt sound that great in the new 3.7 anyways, much better than the older but nothing to cry about losing.... however I would choose 3.7 100x over a 4 banger with loud exhasut blah
Well, the 3.7 is never gonna sound like the V8. It's got two less cylinders, lol but personally i think it can sound really good depending on ones set up. Granted , just stock mufflers, yeah it's not gonna win any aggressive muscle tome award. Get an aftermarket exhaust system, get headers and x pipe, now it's sounding mean and loud. Most people think my sixer is a v8 now with my set up. Of course , these people are not mustang enthusiasts and have no clue but its a sweet time to my ears. Lol

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
I was surprised with the tone overall as my previous v6's were both 3.8L push rod even fire motors~ the 3.7has some a long way regardless for the mustang

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Why make 3 engine platforms and drive up the cost of the mustang for no reason. Pick either the 4T or V6 as the base and the V8 as the GT. It's great to have some options to attract different buyers, but it's not supposed to be a car for everyone's tastes and desires. It makes no sense to offer 2 different base models that are almost the same output.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts