Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of them? I was looking at gears and I found some 3.90 gears on American muscle website. Just want to if anyone has them. I'm stuck between 3.73 and 4.10 so I thought the 3.90 would be perfect..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm supercharger, bored and stroked upgraded everything! I just don't want to run out of gear to soon

·
Registered
411 Posts
If your stuck i think go with the 3.90 friend has them and they are better then mine ill tell you that much

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Bennyhill said:
Ya I think the 3.73 are the way to go. F-it I'm ordering them..
What do you have now?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BaSohol said:
What do you have now?
I still have stock gears 3.31 I think

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

alrefire said:
buying them isn't the hard part, it's putting them in :p
Ya I hear it's a beotch I'm going to get a shop to install them. I'm guessing I should get the install kit as well?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Bennyhill said:
I still have stock gears 3.31 I think

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Ya I hear it's a beotch I'm going to get a shop to install them. I'm guessing I should get the install kit as well?
I would ask the shop first.
Shop around and get quotes

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Bennyhill said:
Ya I think the 3.73 are the way to go. F-it I'm ordering them..
Ya, you put 4.10 gears in and there goes your resale value. I learnt that the hard way this past week. The appraisers drove my car like like my ol lady does.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Ya, you put 4.10 gears in and there goes your resale value. I learnt that the hard way this past week. The appraisers drove my car like like my ol lady does.
True, we live and die by our mods. If you think you might sell it someday, keep the gears your replacing and you'll at least have the parts needed to swap back if she doesn't sell.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll never sell my mustang! Why would anyone invest $40,000+ extra into a car to sell it! If you plan on selling a car one day I wouldn't do anything to it!

·
Banned
510 Posts
I'll never sell my mustang! Why would anyone invest $40,000+ extra into a car to sell it! If you plan on selling a car one day I wouldn't do anything to it!
Yea it's like using 100 dollar bills as fire wood IMO lol. I'm balls deep. I'm stuck with her lol

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Bennyhill said:
5.0? Idk, cheaper than a SC.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Well I'm supercharger, bored and stroked upgraded everything! I just don't want to run out of gear to soon
With this type of power, you definitely want a taller gear! The 3.31 is probably pretty good right now, this will allow you to stay in boost longer. However if you're going to do gears with that type of build, I'd definitely recommend a set of FRPP 3.73's. 3.90s/4.10s will be to much, Never fear the gear but with your set up as soon as you build full boost you'll have to shift!

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AMDanBailer said:
With this type of power, you definitely want a taller gear! The 3.31 is probably pretty good right now, this will allow you to stay in boost longer. However if you're going to do gears with that type of build, I'd definitely recommend a set of FRPP 3.73's. 3.90s/4.10s will be to much, Never fear the gear but with your set up as soon as you build full boost you'll have to shift!

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Dan you are with American muscle? Ya with the comp cams stage 2 blower nsr it suggests I use a 3.73 or 410's but I think the 4.10's will be too short of a gear. Do we get a discount being members of the forum?

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

tc x 4 said:
5.0? Idk, cheaper than a SC.
It's a 4.6 bored and stroked= a 5.0 I think maybe a bit bigger. Haven't worked out the math yet..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts