Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This seems like a screaming deal for a car with under 15K miles on it, but look at the poor fit of the hood.....look “off/bent” to any of you?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Ford-Mustang-EcoBoost-Premium-2dr-Convertible/173461565921?hash=item28631d71e1:g:hAoAAOSwVmVbaMA7&vxp=mtr

Looking at the pic again that shows the right front corner, there is no headlight in there, and the hood definitely does not fit either the fender or the front bumper cover. I’ll bet they just fitted a new bumper cover (without fixing the compression damage underneath) and called it done. Pretty piss poor repair at this point....

·
Registered
216 Posts
I believe that is a place in Miami, FL that buys insurance company totals & then resells.
Bet is was a wrecked rental & would be "as is" with a salvage title.
Likely has more damage (structural) than meets the eye in photo.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that is a place in Miami, FL that buys insurance company totals & resells.
Bet is was a wrecked rental & would be "as is" with a salvage title.
Likely has more damage (structural) than meets the eye in photo.
I agree...but laws must be different in Florida when they can sell this with a “clean title.” Of course the damage probably was not enough to earn it a salvage title, so they are likely OK, but I think that the ad also states “no warranty,” so I wonder what’s up with that?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Look in the description on right side.
Seller says "clean title" but in title description, it says salvage.

Vehicle Title: Salvage

I bet it was totaled. In FL, you can fix and resell a total as long as title states it is salvage.
Depending on original damage & who fixed it, could be a good deal.
The ones to watch out for are not the wrecks, but the flood damaged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd better stay away from such offers, there should be something that isn't shown on pic or something wrong about technical part

·
Super Moderator
17,833 Posts
If the price is too good to be true it almost always is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts