Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I baught a used a used v6 98 back in may of 11, and I now have 147,000 miles on it, I have no idea of its past, and this weekend I plan on replacing the spark plugs, what change can it possibly make ? I really want to do this cause I know it'll do some good but I'm not sure what, I also want to do just so I can gain some knowledge on changing spark plugs, even though I know it'll be easy.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if the plug wires are looking rough (never changed) get a set of OEM ford ones along with the OEM plugs (copper I am sure, and I am not sure on the gap but gap them to stock specs)

install to stock tightness (do NOT over tighten) and use a bit of antiseeze on the threads.

When you install do ONE Plug wire at a time to keep track of what goes where, you may also wish to consider a new coil pack~ if they are cheap

at 147k if the trans fluid has been neglected not sure I would even mess with it (might make matters worse) but if its been kept up then consider changing that, also full engine coolant flush is a good idea.

many run seafoam through the car, seems to clean it out good so you can consider that and finally some good injection cleaner and clean the MAF/IAC with electronic parts cleaner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool thanks guys, so that makes my choices for this weekend, I'm sure it'll be easy to do, and I've also heard wd40 is also good for cleaning the engine, I think ill give that a try and clean the outside of my engine. What other little things could I do to my car, cause in the end I want to learn as much as I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts