Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a reference to maximum motorsports caster camber plates which talked about the ability to raise the strut travel up a bit so you can run stock struts and shocks on a lowered vehicle (around 1.5 inches of drop).

The ad for this CC plate says, "The range of suspension travel can be shifted, allowing for additional bump travel on lowered cars." But doesn't give any detail info on it.

I did see included in the box is, (2) Long Spacers (2) Short Spacers, which I assume are used for this purpose.

I'm very interested in learning more about this. I have yet to notice any reference in this forum that addressed that option.

Also, then is it safe to assume that new struts/shocks, designed for lowered cars, are made shorter?

Forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere and I missed it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Aftermarket springs are generally stiffer. The OEM shocks are already borderline under dampened and when you put stiffer springs on they can't keep up.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spacers are used for installing the plates on 2005-2010 model struts, while they aren't used on 2011+ struts. You can read the installation instructions for more about this. Page 7 specifically.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/47028.pdf
Okay thanks.

Aftermarket springs are generally stiffer. The OEM shocks are already borderline under dampened and when you put stiffer springs on they can't keep up.
Good to know. That's the kind of info I was hoping to get. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts