Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap a v8 (4.6) into my 95 mustang just wondering what new parts (aside from the engine obviously) I will have to find,and how difficult the procees would be. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
126 Posts
find a donor... a car that was wrecked so you have all the parts there... if your not doing it yourself dont bother just sell yours and buy a gt

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
for a 95 id look into getting a 5.0 motor its the easier swap for your style car. Like I told someone else lookinginto doing this swap.

Go over to V6power.net and talk to Stylin96 he did the swap and If i remember correctly it was done in a timely fashion and cheap for him.

But I also wouldnt do a 4.6 just for the reasoning of the fuel system would be the b*tch to mess you up.

·
Registered
668 Posts
you will need
3 thousand dollars
and your car for a trade-in

its a whole lot easier to do it that way

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I was thinking of just selling this one and buying a gt, but it seems like any gt around here sells for upward of 15 grand or so and thats for one that would require some serious work

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
you should be able to pick up a 99-00 wit low miles for less then 10g hands down. Just need to look around.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just wait & get an 01 1/2 They have a better shifter & tranny. Mine has the weaker shifter & tranny (t45). I wish I got an 01 1/2 so I can upbrade my shifter, driveshaft, & clutch to get it ready for a supercharger. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just sell it & buy a geo metro on dubs. (20 inch spinners)

·
Registered
517 Posts
They are faST!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts