Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone messed with or altered there grill to try and remove the chrome or is it just one piece!? I want to get rid of it cause I like the black out.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I'm gonna plasti dip the chrome on it real soon just waiting for some spare time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'm thinking of doing the same but I'm new to the idea of plasti dip never heard of it till lately. Looks like a lot of people do it haha

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Are you also doing your pony? And does the grill just pop out?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ok I'm thinking of doing the same but I'm new to the idea of plasti dip never heard of it till lately. Looks like a lot of people do it haha

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I plastiped mine and it came out nice.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Just YouTube plasti dip & there's a lot of videos. It's easy & inexpensive!! I had it on my old car but haven't gotten a chance on my new one yet! Yea I'm planning on doing the chrome trim & the pony till I get a new grille! Not sure if it pops out but u can plasti dip it right on the car! Cool thing is if u mess up u just peel & start over!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Just YouTube plasti dip & there's a lot of videos. It's easy & inexpensive!! I had it on my old car but haven't gotten a chance on my new one yet! Yea I'm planning on doing the chrome trim & the pony till I get a new grille! Not sure if it pops out but u can plasti dip it right on the car! Cool thing is if u mess up u just peel & start over!!
Yeah even my hood is plastidiped lol that's no sticker:p

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yeah even my hood is plastidiped lol that's no sticker:p
Haha. Yea I had my wheels & some stripes on my old car.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I didn't wanna go outside so I just got one off my instagram
Looks good btw!!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Thanks man:p I did my wheels also:p and my back spoiler but only part of it
Looks good!! I had race stripes on my hood but I never got to finish the rest (car got totaled) ;( but ill post some pics when I get some plasti dip on my new car!!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Also had my rear deck lid blacked out! Why pay $40+ when a can of plasti dip is $7! Lmao.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Looks good!! I had race stripes on my hood but I never got to finish the rest (car got totaled) ;( but ill post some pics when I get some plasti dip on my new car!!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Also had my rear deck lid blacked out! Why pay $40+ when a can of plasti dip is $7! Lmao.

image-2537867995.jpg

Damn that sucks! But at least you got a better one now?:p

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
plasti dip is a great product and have used on both of my rides. Facebook is also full of folks that use it....dip my ride, wicked dips, the plasti dip page as well.
Experimenting with the green blaze as we speak...and have ordered the yellow, pink, and purple for customizing jobs I have coming up.....Women love their bright colors, and some guys I know too ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea the blacked out pony is pretty legit I think I'm gonna do that to

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I want to pick up a new grill but I don't really like any of the ones on AM for the v6.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yea the blacked out pony is pretty legit I think I'm gonna do that to

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I want to pick up a new grill but I don't really like any of the ones on AM for the v6.
What year is your stang?

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Stupid question lol sorry I didn't look at your pictures:p but now I know:p 13' nice stang!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts