Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere and can't find a dragtimes thread for the Lil v6 guys.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It really depends on the V6's you are talking about.

The previous gen 3.8-4.0L V6's typically were high 14 to mid 15 second cars. I am not sure of the trap speeds, but I would imagine somewhere around 90-92mph in the 1/4.

The new 2011+ 3.7 V6' make quite a bit more power and are more like high 13 to mid 14 second cars with trap speeds closer to 100 mph.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have run a 13.6 @ 104mph on bald street tires and lauch control set at 2500 and wheel spin 2nd and 3rd. Got a crappy 1.9 60" time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have run a 13.6 @ 104mph on bald street tires and lauch control set at 2500 and wheel spin 2nd and 3rd. Got a crappy 1.9 60" time.
If your sig is correct, that's with a reasonably modified car. The numbers I provided above were for basically stock cars with little to no modification.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I agree. I was just looking for other peoples times to see if I'm in the ball park. When the car was bone stock it would only go [email protected] 98. It's come a long ways and I still have q few more things to do. I have a set of MT DRs for next season. There's a few Lil things left to do to the car before I shoot for 12s NA on pump gas.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oh ok, my apologies. I thought you were trying to argue with my original post.

A 13.6 with those mods is pretty good. The fastest I've heard of a stock 3.7 going is 13.7 in the quarter, but that was with a top notch driver. I would say with your mods you could probably get down to 13.2 with that kind of driving skill, but I would think an average driver would be 13.5-6 which is right where you are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I'm no pro but I have been going down the track for over 10 years now and piloted everything from 8 sec street bikes to 9 sec door slammer true street cars. And all the way up to customers 15 sec turbo hondas. My car is honestly not that fast I just like to go play every once in a while. For having next to no torque this car is a handful to get down the track but that's due to the ridiculous gearing on the car. I agree with u on the times u said. With that trap speed and a good 1.7-1.8 short time it should go 13.2s the way it sits. But I'm shooting for 12.90s next year with other parts I'm getting this winter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
3.8.-4.0 v6 mustangs have never ran in 14 stock they run high 15 low 16 i may be wrong i have never seen a stock 94-04 v6 mustang run better then 15 stock

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is a 2011 3.7

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
You can get a 4.0 into the mid to low 14's with some mods - tune and CAI. With a lot more work, right suspension set up and tires, the right driver, and the right conditions you can get it N/A into the 13's, but it is tough.

My 4.0 with the Xcharger Xtreme will go 12.6 - 12.7 and fairly consistently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts