Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
not a surprise IF it's true (I believe it) I've mentioned b4 that I think the 3.7 is only in the Stang and the 3.5 is the corperate V6. I wonder why they are not using that instead...the price and performance are very close (4 & 6) I don't see much of a need for both but I prefer the simplicity of the V6 compared to the boosted 4.

Smart enough to know this ain't gonna make my V6 valuable to anyone other than me.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
not a surprise IF it's true (I believe it) I've mentioned b4 that I think the 3.7 is only in the Stang and the 3.5 is the corperate V6. I wonder why they are not using that instead...the price and performance are very close (4 & 6) I don't see much of a need for both but I prefer the simplicity of the V6 compared to the boosted 4.

Smart enough to know this ain't gonna make my V6 valuable to anyone other than me.
That's the only value that matters. Too you the owner. lol

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Could see it coming. I believe Ford is discontinuing the N/A option in the F150 soon too as the 2.7 E/B is doing very well. They are basically phasing the 3.7 engine out. As said, the corporate N/A v6 is the 3.5. And that engine could very well be replaced with one of the small displacement E/B for efficiency purposes.

I am sure it has to do with the CAFE standards that are in place. Who knows, given the recent political occurrences that burden on the automotive industry might be relieved somewhat.

I think the 3.7 is a great platform, certainly the best v6 to ever sit in a mustang so far.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Just a SWAG...the work Ford has been doing with Roush on the GT40 program is heading in a direction...it's a very positive direction!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
preparation for dropping the V8....your choice will be the ecoboost 4 or the 3.5 turbo. Maybe the Voodoo motor for those willing to spend 50K+

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The V6 Mustang is only available here in the US!.. Everywhere else it's either Eco 4 or the V8!.. So I'm not surprised they are dropping the V6!.. They just are not selling well anyways!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Kinda stupid that the 4 cyl. is like 300hp & the v6 is 310hp, imo.

is a 300hp v8 any better or worse than a 300hp 4/6cyl. with ecoboost/turbo?
(besides sounding badass lol)

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Yeah, so why did they even make a v6?
The 3.7 engine was put in the mustang before the Ecoboost was put in the mustang. There was no Ecoboost engine option for the mustang back in 2011 to 2014. Ford needed a quick answer to compete with the then new 2010 Camaro V6 that had 300 HP and the 3.7 was the answer. Nothing wrong with the 3.7 engine however the Ecoboost engine makes more power and better MPG's.

The exhaust also sounds like complete garbage stock or modified but that aside, it makes great power gains from a tune.

Love my 3.7!

·
Registered
55 Posts
3.7 is still a popular choice for Lincoln owners. I love my 3.7, sounds great with Cat Backs and it's a 160 mph (plus) car (with aluminum driveshaft). 325 hp is plenty (with mods) of power to have a blast with! Love my 13' Perf. Pkg Stang!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What if a real man has his financial house in order, is a man who treats women with respect, has long term goals and doesn't need 2 more cylinders to know that he has the 2 where it counts most :)

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
What if a real man has his financial house in order, is a man who treats women with respect, has long term goals and doesn't need 2 more cylinders to know that he has the 2 where it counts most :)
Real men have all that stuff you mentioned plus a V8. Because V8

1 - 20 of 53 Posts