Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 99' v6 mustang with a few upgrades, and the next thing im interested in is gears with posi traction. iv done research that 4.10 are good for my automatic, but also heard from other people that it wastes gas faster and that i should get 3.73 instead. wat do u guys and girls think?

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
4.10's man. I have them and gas does suck on the interstate but thats it. Not to bad but well worth it.

You will need a chip to get rid of the speedlimiter and fix your speedo though.

Talk to Justin or Jason at velocitymustangperformance.com and they will hook you up with a chip :)

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
If I were you, I'd buy 4.10's and a T-lok. If there is a difference between 4.10 and 3.73 in gas mileage it's not much IMO

·
Registered
298 Posts
lowflyn said:
If I were you, I'd buy 4.10's and a T-lok. If there is a difference between 4.10 and 3.73 in gas mileage it's not much IMO
yep. I'm assuming from your post that it's an automatic although it wasn't actually stated.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
99'sleeper said:
I currently own a 99' v6 mustang with a few upgrades, and the next thing im interested in is gears with posi traction. iv done research that 4.10 are good for my automatic, but also heard from other people that it wastes gas faster and that i should get 3.73 instead. wat do u guys and girls think?
He says automatic lol

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
It's a Automatic.

4.10 Gears will not kill your gas mileage much more than 3.73 so thats what I would recommend

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Brent said:
It's a Automatic.

4.10 Gears will not kill your gas mileage much more than 3.73 so thats what I would recommend
Yeh that's what I was saying. And...once you put 3.73's on , you'll be wondering what those 4.10's feel liike...

·
Registered
298 Posts
coolstang said:
herring u are wrong :confused: :disgust: :uhh:
*falls on knees* NOOOOOOO!!! Actually I skim through posts so quickly that I often misread them. I just thought it said on an automatic. Perhaps I'll have to read them twice from now on!

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
red herring said:
*falls on knees* NOOOOOOO!!! Actually I skim through posts so quickly that I often misread them. I just thought it said on an automatic. Perhaps I'll have to read them twice from now on!
Haha, I was just messing with ya man...thought I'd correct ya though

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
the gears will not KILL your mileage it will just midly rape it. (laymans terms)
you will lose about 2 mpg on the highway but you will actually save gas in the city.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts