Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
What am I missing here? Is this "tune" simply a throw back to the 60's to obtain a loopy idle? Is there any actual benefit in the way of HP/TQ gains?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
What am I missing here? Is this "tune" simply a throw back to the 60's to obtain a loopy idle? Is there any actual benefit in the way of HP/TQ gains?
Just an idle and in the V8's it consumes a lot if fuel. Uses the variable valve timing. Gimmick

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Just an idle and in the V8's it consumes a lot if fuel. Uses the variable valve timing. Gimmick
Thanks for explaining that. I'll be dead last in that line to purchase.

I'm sure I can come up with a better way to spend my money; something that's actually going to improve the performance of my ride!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Thanks for explaining that. I'll be dead last in that line to purchase.

I'm sure I can come up with a better way to spend my money; something that's actually going to improve the performance of my ride!
Exactly lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a cool "show car" type thing, but to me it's also a waste. If you're in the market to make your car seem cool and not necessarily fast I could see how someone might absolutely love it
I agree. The site claims that it is a performance tune but there is going to be some trade off either way. I still think your best bet for a "can" tune is with Bama. I mostly wanted to just get this out there for people that are curious about it.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I agree. The site claims that it is a performance tune but there is going to be some trade off either way. I still think your best bet for a "can" tune is with Bama. I mostly wanted to just get this out there for people that are curious about it.
Performance in comparison to stock tune but no better than a custom tune

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The "track key" for the Boss 302s activates this ghost cam effect when you use it. That's what started the whole thing. It'll also cause havoc with your idle and might even make the car stall at times (just like a real big cam).

Lund does them too..
Tuning | Lund Racing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts