Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 12 v6 manual mustang convert. recently it has developed a really annoying rasp between 1500 and 2000 rpms when you are accelerating. the dealer won't do anything about it. i am considering adding either mufflers from an automatic equipped car which is quieter or mufflers off a gt. i imagine the gt mufflers would be louder, which is ok, as long as it doesn't have that raspy sound and no drone. comments?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's been gradually getting louder. i bought it new and it has 14000 miles on it. it's just been in the last 500 miles that that particular noise has developed. the dealer checked it over and said all the manual transmission v6s sound like that. it's giving me a headache.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Convertables and Coupes have the same mufflers

As far as a rasp developing, I'm guessing it is probably due to a baffle in one of your mufflers may have broken.
To see which side it is you can take a broom stick and put one end against the muffler and the other end against your ear like a stethoscope to hear whats going on inside of the mufflers. Get someone to rev the engine while you listen. If they both sound the same it has to be in the cat's or an exhaust leak.
Ronnie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. i'm still inclined to put a set of mufflers off a v6 automatic on the car. does anyone have a let from an 11 or 12 v6 auto that they are interested in selling?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
thanks for the replies. i'm still inclined to put a set of mufflers off a v6 automatic on the car. does anyone have a let from an 11 or 12 v6 auto that they are interested in selling?
V6 Autos have different Mufflers than V6 MT82's :confused:
Yes it seems true
Starting 02/21/12 P/N DR3Z 5230-G and -C for stick and DR3Z 5230-H and D for auto's on V-6 Mustangs
That said I have stock 2013 auto muffs for sale, 5.7K miles on them, just took them off Monday morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts