Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
im telling you theres more tricked out v6s where i stay than v8s! there more affordable and better on gas and thia day in age thats whats counting. im using my business conections tomorrow to see who i can find that might be interested or if its in my price range i might go for it. i took off my upper and lower intake manifold and port&polished them tonite and i took some pics of the process. that would make a good article on "low cost how to dos". i wanna be able to buy quality name brand stuff in the magazine thats customized for us and also include DIY budget builder guides! what other ideas u guys got?
Definitely have a reader's photo section/page, where subscribers can send in a pic and a short story about the car...that always looks good in a magazine.

Just throwing it out there, but have some reviews on parts and brands. Like you said, some articles on v6 specific installs/small projects (ie. 99-04 hood scoop install) I'm not sure how all the fine tuning (no pun) is with companies' approval and product usage works, but I'm sure someone does.

Another question, what would the year range be? 94-2010?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
im not sure yet! im thinking the 4 bangers need some love too! the twin turbo kits for those things are pretty baddddd lol! but im not sure what years it started! i think in the 80s but iver heard of it being on the 70s so idk. that would be good to know the facts on that if anyone knows. but on the other hand from a business point of veiw we alll know the majority of are none v8 mustang lovers are the 94-2010. so idk what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
This site has a timeline on it with all the mustangs and engines offered for that year.
I know 4 cylinder and v6 mustangs were available since 64, but the more popular cars these days start around 85 and go to the more current years.

TheMustangSource.com | Mustang Timeline

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'd subscribe to that magazine! I'M TIRED OF SORTING THOUGH E-NET LOOKING FOR V6 INFO AND PROJECTS

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the v6 market share is not high enough to support a full fledged monthly magazine, there is a huge following just not nearly enough I dont think.

I think its a great idea just not a huge money marker, especially in today's world. Now if it was an electronic magazine that would be nice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the v6 market share is not high enough to support a full fledged monthly magazine, there is a huge following just not nearly enough I dont think.

I think its a great idea just not a huge money marker, especially in today's world. Now if it was an electronic magazine that would be nice.
Then again it doesn't have to be a "monthly" magazine. It could come out every other month or so. But I think there are definately enough people out there with V6s to have a magazine for.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they had this back in the day, they did about 3 issues and then it fizzled out. There are more v6's now then back in those days~ its a possibility its all about how its done.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I think Spector is right... as much as I hate to be Debby Downer.

I think a quarterly magazine would be the best bet. I don't see how an e-zine could be all that profitable. It would just add one more site the V6 owners would have to go to, and that will either be too much of an inconvenience to your target audience or will come at the expense of some other site. Most of you probably spend about as much time as you're willing to in front of a computer looking for your V6 stuff if you're like I was.

I think the best way to increase the following of your magazine would be to have a large section devoted to readers. People will buy it if they're in it or think they have a chance at being in it. What car junkie wouldn't love to be featured in a magazine?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maybe if there was a section of used Mustangs/Fords for sale also new and used parts section similar to Hemmings it would work. Along with readers rides and of course babe of the month. lol...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
67mustang97 i like your ideas and positive attitude. keep it coming

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i say DEFF go for it. and i think you could pull the monthly thing off! i mean just look at this site, i see more new posts in the v6 section everyday then i see in the v8 section.

there is so much out there for the v6s to do and i have seen the more and more companies are starting to make products specifiacally for the v6s.

we have been treated as ford bastard step child too long lol we get NO LOVE at all! its about time somone did somtthing for us.

ill deff suscribe to it and i know a few shops that will as well.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I generally do not buy magazines as.... if its interesting enough to be something I want to read it will be posted on a forum :) and i wont have to pay for it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
BACK TO THE SUBJECT LOL......i tried yesterday and still no luck. if anything else i i cant be the one to finanically back it ill shoot the ideas and forum info like this and see if we can get a bite. i feel it man lol, its almost like the v6 world are the kids in high school that gets picked on so nobody wants to them a chance lol. but theres a 1000hp built v6s out there who have proven the point that wes can go fast too. let us pray:good:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think it's a damned good idea. Will it workout? Who knows....only one way to find-out! RISK VS REWARD! Even though I'm not a "sixer", I'd be willing to help in any way that I could...be it article research, proof reading, etc. That'd give me something to do when the wifey hi-jacks the computer! lol

21 - 40 of 97 Posts