Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
There is a lot of info out there about it, I simply googled "Magazine startup costs".

Seems that there is a lot of variation in the numbers, but it doesn't hurt to get as much information as possible.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
also just printing is not the major issue, its selling subscriptions which means you need to:

A. Get the word to target audiences AND get them on board
B. Have stuff IN the magazine that makes it worthwhile and useful

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
c. go out there and talk to vendors who want to place an add, convice them of putting and add to sell the space
d. manage a excell sheet or some sort of data base of all the subscriptions you have received and manage the timeframe of sending out reminders when your subscription is about to end. and you cant be TOO pushy or ull annoy your customers.

yah.....alot of work.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Yah it's basically one of those things that's great in theory, but in actuality it's a ton of work and a huge commitment. I'm sure if we were all in one local area and had the time/money to work on it...we could make it work. You can't expect one person to be able to get the whole thing started up.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i honestly would love to but like i said i own a restaurant and i work 90 hrs a week with NO days off right now. i would however like to be a finanical partnership with someone who has the means! theres is a market out there for a sixer magazine.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You will really need someone who can commit to it full time, unless you want to do do something like a special edition magazine that comes out every so often when there is no information. Meaning a non-subscription magazine. You can go for a Penny Saver look for cost but you will need writers, editors, photographers, publishers for starters. It's nice to think you can start it up but with out being able to devout yourself to it the idea can easily fizzle out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If I knew more about journalisiam, I'd def. quite my suck-pay job to devote fulltime....but unfortunately, I'm not even sure I spelled journalisiam correctly!
hahahahahahahahah

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
:lol: PRICELESS LOL.....i feel u on that one bro, i use to be spelling bee champ in middle school and now i have to ask my employees how to spell the stupidest stuff LOL. i just go with it now and hope everyone else is smart enough to try and s-ound i-t out LOL

·
Registered
283 Posts
hahah.....but of course, for articles, MSword would be used, which means spell check is a WONDERFUL thing!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Here's the deal, about 75 percent of stangs sold are v6, 20 percent gt, 5 percent split between roush, saleen, shelby, etc.

There would be WAY more readers of the v6 mag, every v6 has at least a cold air intake because about 3 months after driving it everyone wishes it were as fast as a GT. So yeah, performance companies would pay a lot for the ads because every 6er has mods in it, not all GTs do

I bet even GT and shelby owners would buy it too, just to make sure there's not a bunch of 6ers out there running low 12s high 11s near where they live... LOL

41 - 60 of 97 Posts