Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aright, what plugs should i use for my v6 when i put on my 75shot? and what would be safer, an rpm switch or just a puch button activation switch? i dont want to use a WOT switch because i dont want to spray in first. i used to have a push button on my del sol but think an rpm switch would work better. (thats right, i'm a honda guy, well used to be, i bought a 2000 mustang v6 and sold my del sol)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Welcome to the board! Good to see you have come back from the dark side, lol. I won't try to advise you on nitrous, its not a subject I know about or really want to know much about, so I will defer that question to one of the guys here that do, but again, we are glad to have you here!

·
Registered
941 Posts
an rpm window switch would be safer. you need at least one for a mild shot, but for 75 i would go two stages colder plug wise. i got motorcraft awsf 22c (stock are 42's), but some would recommend autolite, but i doubt anyone has any real proof either is better.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
blk2kconvstang said:
aright, what plugs should i use for my v6 when i put on my 75shot? and what would be safer, an rpm switch or just a puch button activation switch? i dont want to use a WOT switch because i dont want to spray in first. i used to have a push button on my del sol but think an rpm switch would work better. (thats right, i'm a honda guy, well used to be, i bought a 2000 mustang v6 and sold my del sol)
plugs, run copper plugs, one heat range cooler than stock. autolite used to make the 764, and i forgot what the motocraft plug of the same heat/copper is but autolite stopped making the 764. just goto a place and say i need the autolite 764 or a plug similar. tell them it HAS to be copper and one heat range cooler than stock.

as for WOT vs. window switch.
i HIGHLY recommend using the WOT switch. it is a safety measure. it ensures that if something goes wrong, you let up on the gas a tad (natural reaction) and the nitrous stops spraying. if you dont have it, nitrous still sprays. there are a couple ways to prevent not spraying in first. the window switch cannot tell what gear you are in, and will still spray in first gear.

the push button is too Fast and furious for me. who wants to hold a nitrous button down? i suggest Nitrous Express or Nitrous Works for the kit. the easiest way to run it is a toggle switch. i had mine to where one toggle switch was the master switch. if i had it floored and the switch was off, nitrous = no spray. if i had it armed and not floored, nitrous = no spray. that way, i could floor it while racing, wait til i shifted into 2nd and then hit the power switch, and have nitrous activated. since the hand is already by the shifter anyway (i had my switch located by the cig lighter), it was just easy to shift and flip. (this applies to manuals, i have an auto, but my hand stayed right there for when i wanted to spray).

lastly, read the sticky at the top of the page. it is everything you wanted to know about nitrous. since you have had nitrous before, you pretty much know about it, but i wrote it with the v6 mustang in mind, so it might help you with some small tidbits of info.

oh, and welcome to the board

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a good point with the rpm switch that it still sprays when i let off the gas. maybe i'll use a WOT switch to controll the power to the rpm switch so that the rpm switch only kicks in if i got my foot to the floor. thanks for the help (btw, i know alot about nitrous and have the kit that i had on my sol, i just dont want to have to deal with the push button switch anymore and bon want to spray on take off)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
blk2kconvstang said:
(btw, i know alot about nitrous and have the kit that i had on my sol, i just dont want to have to deal with the push button switch anymore and bon want to spray on take off)
i didnt doubt that you did, i was just pointing out there are a couple difference than a higher revving del sol engine vs our pushrod engines. like we can spray at a lower rpm range. i have actually sprayed a 75 shot off the line before on my engine.

but about the window switch. it doesnt say if you have auto or manual. if you have manual, i would get a window switch. if you have an auto, i would save your money. the auto will never drop below the rpms needed to maintain nitrous and will never over-rev.

dont forget, you will need a Tach Adapter for running a window switch with the stang

·
Registered
122 Posts
For up to a 100 shot use Autolite 764's with a .035 gap.

I'd recommend a Nitrous Express Kit.

The window switches can be a pain to hook up and really aren't needed unless you don't trust yourself to control it all by yourself.

Some like the Fuel Pressure Safety Switch that turns the nitrous off when your FP drops below safe levels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts