Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think i could beat a stock cobra or a stock gt with my v6 with a 75 shot of nitrous, ebay CAi, and flowmaster 40 series muffler? (i know the muffler doesnt do much but i thought i'd add it anyways). and if not what else would i have to do to get it that fast? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Put duals on that thing, get a good chip burned for it, and before you get the chip burned have 4.10s or 3.73s and a tlock put in the rear end or just get an 8.8 with 3.73s or 4.10s. Then bring it on over and I will still put you to shame. hehehehe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick0636 said:
Put duals on that thing, get a good chip burned for it, and before you get the chip burned have 4.10s or 3.73s and a tlock put in the rear end or just get an 8.8 with 3.73s or 4.10s. Then bring it on over and I will still put you to shame. hehehehe.
aright, i'm lookin for help, not dicks that want to put down my car. if your not gona help stay the hell out of my thread.

anyways, what can i do to make it fast enough?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
ricks just messin around dont get all worked up.

ive got 4.10s, CAI, exhaust, 100 shot of nitrous, chip, and underdrive pulley and i still wont take a 99+ GT. I could probably hang with a pre 99 cobra for a lil wihle but not for long. Those cars are just fast. pre 99 GTs ill walk over all day though

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
a blower, some engine work, gears, or a GT motor swap, etc. Im not gonna say its impossible to get a V6 as fast/er than the new GTs, but def. expensive. Id say youd be better off buying a GT. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I was messing with you a little, but basically I did answer your question, I told you most of what you could do, short of supercharging it or turbocharging, and then I told you that you still couldn't outrun mine, well, if you look at my mods list you will see mine isn't quite stock, now is it? Well, that is the case with a lot, if not most GTs, newer ones and older ones, most of them are not stock, so when you pull up beside one like mine for instance which you may think is 260 hp at the crank, well, you might really be pulling up beside something with well over 300 hp at the crank and highly beefed up suspension and other goodies, so you see what I mean now, seriously? I pick a little, but I have my reasons, I was a v6 driver for years before I said heck with it and bought myself another v8. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
well my gt only has 260 hp. But not for long.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just got a second job and i'm going to get some lt headers and a o/f h-pipe, and my exhaust will be complete. Then i'm moving on to my paint. Unless i find something else to do first.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Black00GT said:
Just got a second job and i'm going to get some lt headers and a o/f h-pipe, and my exhaust will be complete. Then i'm moving on to my paint. Unless i find something else to do first.
before u paint your car... defanitely beef up the engine. Its way more worthwhile ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
blk2kconvstang said:
aright, i'm lookin for help, not dicks that want to put down my car. if your not gona help stay the hell out of my thread.

anyways, what can i do to make it fast enough?
Woah there man, take a deep breath. One thing about Rick, is that he likees to push buttons of everyone to se how much of a joke they can take.

We dont make any real potshots at anyone here, especially newcomers. We dont mean to make you feel unwelcomed at all. You came here for our help, and we greatly appreciate it, and we will help you in any way we can (sorry, but no supercharger fundraisers :rolleyes: :D ).

As for your question, you can make a 6 faster than a GT )with no boltons). But if that GT has any bolt ons or mods whatsoever, there is no chance.

As for the Cobra... only an engine swap will get you there.

As for making your 6 faster, I would skip the N2O and dig into engine components. Heads and a cam would probably be the first thing on my list, then Gear it up a little with 3.73's and a t-lok. That will get you started. :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You guys need to talk to V6stanger (Zach) he had a moderately modified 97 V6 and was shooting a 100 or 125 shot and took a 03 cobra at a track and has the video of the race or pics to prove it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
blk2k... what kind of budget are you on. nitrous it the cheapest way to get power, but if you have the money, buy a 4.2 and get some '94-'95 rods and wiseco forged pistons... along with ported intakes and some bowl work on your heads and a wild cam, and a direct port nitrous setup along with the bolt ons/gears/8.8 rear end w/ slicks will put the hurt on most any near stock mustang, save the newer cobras. my friend is doing this, he wants to see how deep into the 12's he can go. i'll keep y'all posted as he doesn't like to type online much.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
he was shooting a 100 shot with heavy engine mods too. I think he ran like a 13.4 or something around there. Thats the guy i bought my nitrous from corey :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
ZimStang said:
he was shooting a 100 shot with heavy engine mods too. I think he ran like a 13.4 or something around there. Thats the guy i bought my nitrous from corey :)
I know I remember I am friends with Zach we communicate a few times a week.

He is a great guy, Like you ;) :D

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
anyone know how much horse power the new Mustangs are going to have on their V6 models? Maybe they'll take them :-?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Seph said:
anyone know how much horse power the new Mustangs are going to have on their V6 models? Maybe they'll take them :-?
2005 will be 200 Hp. 2006 is rumored to be more than that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts