Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in NJ, looking to sell '03 Chevy S10 and buy '04 V6 within next 3-6 months. These things are a real bargan slightly used, but does anyone know what they're going for new? My guess is that demand for the '05s is driving down their prices, plus that $2500 factory rebate. Also, does anyone know what the mil. rebate is? I'm actively drilling with Nat'l Guard.

Anyway, any dealer recommendations/'04 peculiarities to look for are more than welcome. Also, how's the highway driving? I'll be using it to commute 45 mins up to school next year; I was wondering how's the clutch on the 5-speed? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
kbb.com or go to ford for brand new info on 04s its a good deal right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Purchased my 04 in August... My base price paid was 22,010. Of course that was before sales tax and any additional coverage. That was also before the 2500 rebate.. The rebate helps cause it goes toward down payment. After sales tax(1400) and premium gap coverage (1,200) and delivery charges and other dumb charges they get you on, its was for me about 25.000. Take your 2500 rebate and down payment or trade and it can easily take it under 20K..

As for the highway, (auto trans) I drive about 30 min. to work and back each day Mon.-Fri.
and get anywhere from 240 to 270 to a tank full unless i go other places other than to work. If I just go to work i get good miles to the gallon..

Good luck!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
25k before rebates is pretty high especially for a car thats getting moved out asap... just get online there are TONS of ford lots that will give away thier left over stangs, everyone wants 05s... my car was 18,700 with deluxe package and mach system i paid 13500 for it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I was told 14k for a brand new loaded 04 5 speed today. 18k for the conv lol. They have 3 04's left, the other 15 mustangs were 05's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dont think even at year end deals that you will get the 04 for under 20k.., but check with FORD. It was still Aug when i got mine, but I did not like the 05. I paid 25k inlcuding extra coverage for the entire loan, tax, title and reg fees and also leather interior upgrade and mach 460. I also got nailed because the vehicle had to come from another dealer that was 625.. But shes worth it!! 14 - 18k LOL

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I only paid 13 for my 02 in oct of 02 with 5k on it...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Dark02Pony said:
as of t his morning it got a paintjob...its all white :rolleyes:
White rules...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
lowflyn said:
White rules...
yea but i hope the white goes away soon..im having doubts that my car is still parked out there

·
Registered
263 Posts
I suggest checking AutoTrader for some lease trade-ins...

That's how I found my car...'03 Deluxe Coupe w/ 15K on it for $12,250 before tax

Sure, you're probably gonna want less miles than that, but its a good place to find the remaining 04's that are being moved out.

And Jeff...For that amount of money, I probably would've looked into a GT....that is wayyyyy too much to be paying for a v6, let alone a model that is now considered old next to the 05's....I would've told them to go **** themselves

1 - 20 of 26 Posts