Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOING RESEARCH- cant find accurate readings, can anyone tell me a stock 3.6 mustang convertible 5 speed runs in the 1/4 mile???????

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
slvr2000stang said:
Any answers you get will also depend on driver ability & weather conditions.
thats very true,, 60' time plays a big part in your 1/4 mile time as well

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
well supposably 94-98 is about 17 secs flat and 99+ is about 16.5

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
97Stallion said:
well supposably 94-98 is about 17 secs flat and 99+ is about 16.5

Rob, Kirk Arn't you glad we are lower than that now

I remember before I modded I was thoroughly disgruntled with the lack of speed, But I knew I could rebuild her. I would make her stronger, faster, improve handling, Improve her looks and feel then after I was thru with my Wife I went to work on my car DOOH!!! :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :eek:k:

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Danger Dude said:

I remember before I modded I was thoroughly disgruntled with the lack of speed, But I knew I could rebuild her. I would make her stronger, faster, improve handling, Improve her looks and feel then after I was thru with my Wife I went to work on my car DOOH!!! :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :eek:k:
:lmao:

·
Registered
297 Posts
i expected more out of them than that...i'm disappointed. Especially from a 3.8-3.9 litre. Mine is only 2.5 inline 6, wrx has a 2.5 flat 4 (although turbo charged) 350z only has a 3.5 litre and puts out some good numbers

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Danger Dude said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
red herring said:
i expected more out of them than that...i'm disappointed. Especially from a 3.8-3.9 litre. Mine is only 2.5 inline 6, wrx has a 2.5 flat 4 (although turbo charged) 350z only has a 3.5 litre and puts out some good numbers
since when is 217hp and around that in tq WITH A TURBO decent lol give me 10 psi and ill put down quite a bit more than that :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
SpectorV said:
since when is 217hp and around that in tq WITH A TURBO decent lol give me 10 psi and ill put down quite a bit more than that :)
Any car that was built without a turbo does extraordinarily well with one in comparison to a car that has a turbo stock because they're built differently and have to stay within more guidelines or criteria. Even mkiv supras do a hell of a lot better when changing to a better turbo or converting to single. Turbos that come stock in cars aren't comparable to aftermarket ones. Can't you figure out displacement with a turbo and it's psi? Find out what displacement a wrx would have with it's psi and see if you would still put down more than that. Especially once you get into sti territory which runs 13's and has a 2.0 or 2.5 litre.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
it is true that the emmision laws crack down on turboed cars. ill still take my 03 snake though :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
SpectorV said:
it is true that the emmision laws crack down on turboed cars. ill still take my 03 snake though :)
You have a cobra? I didn't know that *goes back to spectorv coolness thread* You're cooler than I thought

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
no sorry i ment that as I would take and 03 cobra lol :( i wish so once again im not cool.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got a 1999 v6 if that changes anything i owuld figure the 1998 and under are slower considering the disgusting lack of HP.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
DMAC said:
i got a 1999 v6 if that changes anything i owuld figure the 1998 and under are slower considering the disgusting lack of HP.
Look at my garage... download the 4 videos I ran against Chris... that will show you what a 99 will do to a 2001 :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts