Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 v6 automatic, when I put the car in park from drive most of the time about a second after the car seems to shake pretty good for a second and then it’s gone. I have a cel on but it’s from my o2 leaking bank 1, I don’t think that’s what’s causing it but I thought I should mention. It’s hard to explain but does anyone have a clue what it could be? the car drives fine other then the exhaust leak. Not super alarming but doesn’t seem normal it doesn’t happen every time but about 90% of the time it does, noticed it’s bad on certain inclines or low on fuel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That sounds alarming to me as well. Not an expert here so hopefully some will chime in. Have it checked for any code.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
I would begin by repairing any known issues, such as the 02 sensor.
If the exhaust leak is large enough to trigger a code, then there is obviously a problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would begin by repairing any known issues, such as the 02 sensor.
If the exhaust leak is large enough to trigger a code, then there is obviously a problem.
Well the catted xpipe is known to draw a code for nothing, I read a lot of people saying they have a code after the xpipes were installed, my brother also has a code on his car from the xpipes. I know the o2 was in bad shape from when I took it off the stock mid pipes. I do see leaking around the sensors so I have some new ones on the way the leak is either from that or where the headers connect to the pipe. I’ll fix that and see if it goes away, I just don’t know what else it might be?

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
The aftermarket exhaust systems typically cause sensor number 2 to trigger a code.
Both you and your brother have something else going on that is causing that code.
The upstream (#1) 02 sensors are used to provide data to the PCM, to adjust the fuel mixture.
The downstream (#2) 02 sensors only function is to monitor the exhaust and make sure the engine is in compliance with emission standards.
The number 1 02 sensor will directly affect how the engine runs, whereas the number 2 sensor is only there as a monitoring device.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The aftermarket exhaust systems typically cause sensor number 2 to trigger a code.
Both you and your brother have something else going on that is causing that code.
The upstream (#1) 02 sensors are used to provide data to the PCM, to adjust the fuel mixture.
The downstream (#2) 02 sensors only function is to monitor the exhaust and make sure the engine is in compliance with emission standards.
The number 1 02 sensor will directly affect how the engine runs, whereas the number 2 sensor is only there as a monitoring device.
My brothers car doesn’t get the same code as mine his is strictly just a side effect from the exhaust and what not. So ur saying sensor 1 could cause the engine to shake like that when I put it in park? My gas mileage is also shot right now I think that has to do with the sensor also. I checked motor mounts and everything too nothing wrong there.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Given all the symptoms, along with the code, I'd say that there is a very good chance that the bank 1 sensor 1 is causing the problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Given all the symptoms, along with the code, I'd say that there is a very good chance that the bank 1 sensor 1 is causing the problems.
Awesome I’ll swap the sensor see if that does anything! Thank you for the recommendation I appreciate it!

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Fix any source of leaking exhaust on that bank. Depending upon the size of the leak, that can trigger the code.
Also, a vacuum leak on that bank can also be a cause.
Since this seems to have occurred after the exhaust work, I would focus on that first though.
Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the car is not shaking that much anymore when i put it in park but I'm still getting p219a codes even though i just replaced that sensor with a new one, i have catted x pipes i know those sometimes draw codes does anyone know how i can permanently get rid of it? I still have what sounds like an exhaust leak, the bolts where the header connects to the down pipes were loose i tightened them as best i could without having to jack the car up but I'm pretty sure i still have a leak somewhere. Hopefully i can get these things figured out wish me luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts