Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 v6 mustand can you turbo stock and how long will it last with 6 to 10 psi and what should i do to the motor to make it a litter faster and last with 6 to 10 psi im new to useing turbos and am lost to parst to get for the motor all i really know is high compression pistons and injecters but dont know anything about injecters

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
11psi limit on factory internals....

After that or even still at that max you would benifit in longevity from a forged bottom end (forged pistons and rods but a factory crank can take the beating...)

To boost 11psi you need a new bigger fuel pump (the svt focus 255lph pump is a direct drop in) and I believe it was 39/42 lb injectors for that psi....

High compression pistons are a no no with boost, leave it factory comp or if you plan on doing extreme boost with a forged bottom end get 8.8-low 9's CR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will all that work with 6-10 psi because i want to run six around town and ten to race ill get the programer amd thanks for the info

·
Registered
128 Posts
The difference between 6 and 10 isn't going to be that dramatic you could run 10 all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya good point i just want to set it 5 or six for me girlfriend she has never drove bostedand i dont need a blown up cr cause she dose not know what the hell she is doing lol crazy women

·
Registered
128 Posts
:wtf

I wouldn't let a girlfriend drive my car, unless it was more like one of those 4 year girlfriend that you just don't wanna get engaged to yet but you know its coming.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
:wtf

I wouldn't let a girlfriend drive my car, unless it was more like one of those 4 year girlfriend that you just don't wanna get engaged to yet but you know its coming.
^^^ agreed...........

btw don't you have to spend a couple extra hundred dollars to get a boost controller to change back and forth like that? i'm pretty sure i remember it being just a spring only capable of one setting otherwise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts