Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is still in good shape, but once it starts to crap out i wanna swap it too a V8. Will a 4.6 or 5.0 be easier for the swap? I know ill probably need a new harness and alot of other stuff. My cars an 03 V6 could i fit the 5.0 in it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Prolly the 4.6 bc you will have more room to move around and be able to get wrenches in tight areas, my cousins in the process of swapping a 4.6 into his 04 and he's having a blast. Don't listen to anyone on here that says its not worth it.. If its what you want then hell yea do it.. Post pics of progress!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If you do it tell me how it goes! That's what I want to do!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Unless you get a great deal on a donor car it's cheaper just to buy a gt

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
davidcseifert said:
Unless you get a great deal on a donor car it's cheaper just to buy a gt
Your like the thousandth person to say that, we know

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
austinknoll said:
Your like the thousandth person to say that, we know
Glad to hear :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's a guy in town and he buys wrecked gt's at auctions and he sells everything you need to do a swap for $1500 and the miles of the mustangs are low

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I'm going the route of a "donor car" -donated by a Cobra. Swap out engine, trans, wire harness, brakes, sway bars and call it a day!

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Just do what you do. And dont give a damn what others think. You dont live to make them happy. They wont drive what your driving.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

The only reason why theyll say anything at all is bc they cant even be motivated to do the job themselves.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Blackedout said:
Just do what you do. And dont give a damn what others think. You dont live to make them happy. They wont drive what your driving.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

The only reason why theyll say anything at all is bc they cant even be motivated to do the job themselves.
You're right I'm not motivated to be slow :D lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts