Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my stock exhaust to dual cat back exhaust and am wondering if I should go with Flowmasters or Dyno Max Super Turbos? I want something loud to wake up my neighbors early in the morning when going to work, lol. All opinions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
First off that a jerk reason and uncool....second the turbos are half as quiet as the flows...i just put on a pair of turbos yesterday to make my stang nice and quiet

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really because my neighbors stay up all night and party while I have to sleep. They don't get quiet until its time for me too get up for work. Again, what do you guys prefer if I want something loud, and do u prefer the sound of the super turbos over the flowmasters? I'd like an opinion about my mustang exhaust.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Not really because my neighbors stay up all night and party while I have to sleep. They don't get quiet until its time for me too get up for work. Again, what do you guys prefer if I want something loud, and do u prefer the sound of the super turbos over the flowmasters? I'd like an opinion about my mustang exhaust.
You'll wake them up with a SLP loudmouth and a off road X-Pipe :D I wake up my whole block when I turn my car on at 5am :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sorry, I am a noob when it comes to car mods. Whats a SLP loud mouth? And should I go with 2 inch or 2.25 inch exhaust?

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

I also go to work at 5am. Its not fun. Lol. Just looked up SLP loudmouths. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Im sorry, I am a noob when it comes to car mods. Whats a SLP loud mouth? And should I go with 2 inch or 2.25 inch exhaust?

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

I also go to work at 5am. Its not fun. Lol. Just looked up SLP loudmouths. Thanks for the advice.
Off road x pipe, flow master 40 catback, cut the mufflers off. voila! loud and guaranteed to make them hate you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a duel magnaflow set up, it wakes up all my nieghbors in the morning when I step on it going down the road. It sounds good too once you put headers and a intake on, I have been questioned before if I actually have a V8 in my car lol.

You could get exhaust cut outs too, that way it is really loud only when you want it to be.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Loud mouths are way louder then flows got a clip on the page will up load one with revs

·
Registered
748 Posts
Should I go with 2 inch or 2.25 inch? The guy at the muffler shop recomended that I should go with 2 inch instead. He said I would lose back pressure if I go with 2.25
back pressure is a myth, it is all about your exhaust gases from your engine getting out through the exhaust system as quickly and efficiently as possible, this creates . with that said, I believe if you any wider than 2.5" you're going to lose some low end torque. I could be wrong about the piping size though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A shop by my house charges 650 for everything. Its not going to bolt on to the y pipe, I'm assuming that since it's not bolting to the y pipe, it's true duals. Correct me if I'm wrong. And is 650 for everything too much? The shop is called Sweenys Muffler and they have good reviews on yelp.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A shop by my house charges 650 for everything. Its not going to bolt on to the y pipe, I'm assuming that since it's not bolting to the y pipe, it's true duals. Correct me if I'm wrong. And is 650 for everything too much? The shop is called Sweenys Muffler and they have good reviews on yelp.
exactly, true duals you will have two pipes with either an x or h pipe. or you could go divorced duals, no x or h pipe. and two mufflers. 650 isn't bad but to give you an idea, it's different in different areas, but I got my cats taken off, divorced, and a flow master catback all for $400.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts