Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Going to the track this weekend and my buddy has a b20 just with a CAI and he wants to give my 04 v6 a try will I beat him? I got a full exhaust and K&N intake? I've beat a LS V and A GSR
Don't hurt me when I say this, but he'll beat you by a car probably. They're so much lighter than our cars so that's the only advantage. Get some rearend gears and a tune, then you'd catch him.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Don't hurt me when I say this, but he'll beat you by a car probably. They're so much lighter than our cars so that's the only advantage. Get some rearend gears and a tune, then you'd catch him.
they'll beat your car no doubt but OP has a bit better gearing and a bit more hp and tq then you do :good: that's not being mean just the truth. Believe me i've run enough b20's on the track on test & tune nights.

@OP ok i understand on the integras...they aren't quick either without a bit of work. my coworker had one with more work put in it then it was worth. he sold it for an rsx type s though so at least he upgraded

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Okay I'm just going to get some gears I got a 8.8 rear end already gears is all I need right don't need a different posi right
you don't even need the gears...but if you're gonna get them anyways you'll need a speedo recalibration...so basically you'll need a tuner unless you wanna pay ford to do it for you

·
Registered
322 Posts
they'll beat your car no doubt but OP has a bit better gearing and a bit more hp and tq then you do :good: that's not being mean just the truth. Believe me i've run enough b20's on the track on test & tune nights.

@OP ok i understand on the integras...they aren't quick either without a bit of work. my coworker had one with more work put in it then it was worth. he sold it for an rsx type s though so at least he upgraded
I was putting into account that his car, stock, is 200rwhp. With his cai and exhaust... Say 212rwhp? The b20 has 180-200whp depending on what gen he has. Plus, if its the ex he weighs around 2400 and the hatches weigh even less. I wasn't even talking about mine lol

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I was putting into account that his car, stock, is 200rwhp. With his cai and exhaust... Say 212rwhp? The b20 has 180-200whp depending on what gen he has. Plus, if its the ex he weighs around 2400 and the hatches weigh even less. I wasn't even talking about mine lol
Stock is 150ish rwhp for splitport auto

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
no stock he is mostly around 155-160 rwhp...

also looking online i see stock b20's running 16-17 second 1/4 miles...:good:

edit: the only way a b20 is gonna win stock is if it's in a 2004 or new EX which runs on average a 14.5

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. It's basicly what I just said.. I've ran my buddy's b20 and he always gets me at the end of the track. I have atleast 180hp to the ground with my mods. What he needs to watch out for is the k20s, they come stock with 200hp not including their exhaust and tunes.
Dude 180whp with a singleport is impossible without a cam

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't see how I can't pull him I put 2 cars between me and a LS Vtec Teg and the B20 is non Vtec and its in a 96 ex and I put 1 car between a GSR

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I personally think its going to be a drivers race

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. It's basicly what I just said.. I've ran my buddy's b20 and he always gets me at the end of the track. I have atleast 180hp to the ground with my mods. What he needs to watch out for is the k20s, they come stock with 200hp not including their exhaust and tunes.
what mods do you have if i can ask?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts