Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im only 20, so i have plenty of time ahead of me, but i was wondering what I should do....take a loan for college, or another Mustang, moneys not a problem.

Heres my plan, Take classes in my spare time (currently am), finish paying off the 6 mustang($2400 left), try to work for Dunbar inc(armored car coorp), buy a v8 likely for around $4000, after its payed off, im going to college, possibaly for Criminal Justice, and take a Microsoft Certified Computer and Electronics Engineer( i beleive thats what its called), then take out another loan to goto Lincoln Tech(around $8000 to 10k i beleive), then I want to be Cop,Swat possibly, and maybe join the Navy to work on Airplanes like my dad did.

Yea seems like alot, i can do it because I can get money, my parents are somewhat wealthy, because my mom does accounting and my dad works at Andrews Air force base and makes ALOT of money, and he never even went to college, not bad eh? He dropped outta high school the last year and joiined the Navy for 25 years and went to lincoln tech also.

Does my plan sound good? Should I just DROP the v8 from the list and go straight to school......well thats what friends said I should do.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I actually thought i would hold off on the v8 and wait till after Lincoln tech, then i will be into cars alot more, i just want a v8 now so i can terrorize and hang with some of my other friends, i COULD sell my Mustang now and buy a v8, and I almost did, i was SO close. But i bailed at the last second cause its a good car and I could use it when I go away to college....and it would be cooler to pay This mustang off and buy another one afterwords.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
goto school. to be a cop, you actually only need a bachalors degree from a school where im from. some places only require 60hrs to be one. so you can be a cop fine.

they will teach you how to work on the planes when you get into the navy if thats what you want to do. you dont need Lincoln Tech. IMO they are overrated and not worth the money. and www.brainbench.com has good tutorials on the Microsoft certs if you want to do that, but dont waste college hours doing that instead of crim. just. you can even goto Barnes & Noble and get a book on all the Microsoft Certs if thats easier too.

you dont need multiple cars now. wait til you have a good steady job/career. keep the V6, and then save for college and then down the road, a new car

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sounds like good sound advice. Also, don't forget, if you go into the military with a degree, there is a good chance you could go to OTS and become and officer, also military will help you pay for college, don't forget that!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
29 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
go to school, But if you are going to be a cop, u better get a better 2nd job to pay for a V8. (i know what cops make) ;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dude SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL and then after a few years buy any damn type of Stang you want. You are 20 your whole life is ahead of you. make it easy on yourself and do the right thing early. Finish School

·
Registered
26 Posts
that's sorta where i'm at... i bought a v6, i am toying w/ the idea of saving for a
Roush Performance 402 R - Superformance MKII engine, or putting bolt ons, body kits, paint jobs, and rims on my v6... one thing though, and i don't know if you deal w/ this or not, but GAS MONEY is what is making me stick w/ the v6... i had a v4 b4, it was great, but, no power, so v6 is my intermediate power versus finances resource til I can get my ass in gear and make the big bucks and buy myself a BIG ASS v8... piss off all the tree huggers. :headbang:

·
Registered
567 Posts
tek55 said:
that's sorta where i'm at... i bought a v6, i am toying w/ the idea of saving for a
Roush Performance 402 R - Superformance MKII engine, or putting bolt ons, body kits, paint jobs, and rims on my v6... one thing though, and i don't know if you deal w/ this or not, but GAS MONEY is what is making me stick w/ the v6... i had a v4 b4, it was great, but, no power, so v6 is my intermediate power versus finances resource til I can get my ass in gear and make the big bucks and buy myself a BIG ASS v8... piss off all the tree huggers. :headbang:
first, theres no such thing as a v4 ;)

second, go to school. Youll regret throwing your life away later over just a stupid car.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
VW and Porche used to make an Air Cooled opposing Pancake 4 cylinder, 2 cylinders on each side, almost like a V configuration, but flat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts