Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was gonna buy a 97 gt but I would need an extra 1000$ or get the 04 v6 but make a project and swap the v6 to the v8.. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
to answer your question yes a v8 is worth it... either way you go sound good the only thing that is whats the condition of both cars and how much after you buy the v6 are u planning on putting in a v8...also i think the v6s only come with cloth interior lol im personally a fan of black leather

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
A lot of guys who want to do a V8 swap usually recommend just buying a GT. It's a lot of work to do.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I swapped mine. It was an 02 3.8l, but i found a dealon a 2000 GT complete drivetrain. If you do the swap it's ok, but if not you'll end up spending about 3k just for labor of the trans, motor, and rear end. Those are the easy parts. You need obviously engine, complete wiring harness, body harness, exhaust, cooling, ecu, rear end, trans, driveshaft, ohh k member too. Plan on spending around 4k for parts. Ohh one more piece of advice and my only painful mistake, iwish I had found a late 01-04 since the fog lights switch changed as well as some of the other little things. Good luck and afterwards you'd be happy but ultimately buy a GT and you'll have more $ to your name and less hadtle, it was fun sure but also expensive but my car had that sentimental value since she was my first.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
its worth it sometimes, if you have cheap parts, dont care about resale value etc. Generally for that year car a 2v SOHC 4.6L gt car is VERY cheap.

if you are gonna swap at least put something in with decent power, the 96-98 GT motors are known for being REALLY slow. Aim for a 4v 300hp cobra/mach motor, a 5.0 push rod (can build cheap) etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts