Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I remember when I bought my 65 2+2 K code in 68 for $1600. Not a real special Mustang compared to later models. I wonder what it is worth now? Have you seen what they go for at auctions? Holy cow man.
In thirty years a Boss will blow your mind. Just wont be able to get gas for it to take a drive.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

I remember when I bought my 65 2+2 K code in 68 for $1600. Not a real special Mustang compared to later models. I wonder what it is worth now? Have you seen what they go for at auctions? Holy cow man.
In thirty years a Boss will blow your mind. Just wont be able to get gas for it to take a drive.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My grandpa bought his '68 for $2500 in '67, & gave it my dad on his 20th birthday in 1997.
My dad says it's my brother, sister & I's retirement fund & we have to split it.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ via Mustang Evolution app

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

Yeah, there will be no more gas, & you will have to convert to electric haha

Sent from my iPhone 7+ via Mustang Evolution app

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wonder what a boss would be in 30 years? Hopefully it blows my mind lol.
But I would have to find some way to drive it. Because I'm never gonna sell it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I have an idea.

Usually my ideas end with me spending money, which is the case here.

I have had my 04 GT since 2008. I bought it with 50k on it and it has about 78k right now. Still in great condition, as I don't ride it much with work duties getting in the way. It stays in the garage when not on the road.

What I see in the garage is a nice, clean... GT. A fun car, but still a GT. And while it does have 40th anniversary badging, I just don't see my pony being worth much money in the future.

Which brings me to my next question - wonder what these 12-13 Boss Mustangs will be worth in the future, say 30 years from now? I know it is impossible to predict the future, but I work with a bunch of old guys who had LS6 Chevelles, 69 Bosses, 440 Cudas and traded them for mere peas because they said back then they were just "cars." No one back then had any idea they would be worth so much.

So are today's Bosses just "cars" or will they demand the big bucks down the road that the 69-70s are bringing now?

I want to be able to pass along a car worth something to my daughter when she gets older, not just "another" GT worth $2000.

Ideally I would try to sell my car and go Boss hunting in late 2017-early 2018.

I have even thought about an 07-09 Shelby, but theres something about those Bosses that keep dragging me back.

Am I crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
(Crazy), Not at all. You also could look for the 04-05 (I think) cobra. I've got a friend with one and I really like it. I like my 06 gt convertible better, but if I was looking for something special, I'd find one of those Cobras.
Like this one. !
87e7426dd53721a8d7ef931f71e90cba.jpeg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
(Crazy), Not at all. You also could look for the 04-05 (I think) cobra. I've got a friend with one and I really like it. I like my 06 gt convertible better, but if I was looking for something special, I'd find one of those Cobras.
Like this one. !
View attachment 255874

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Congratulations, you just quoted and replied to someone who hasn't logged on since November of 2016 and the last response in this thread is just over a year old.

Also, you are thinking of the 03-04 Cobra. One more thing, Mustang Cobra models only existed between 1993 and 2004 model years.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Buying a car as a garage queen or investment does not make all that much sense to me.
Circumstances in the future will be totally different, IMO. Back in the day (80's/90's), you could take a 60's car and build it to kill just about anything on the street.

In 95, I picked up a 90 AWD talon. Big 20G, IC and a good clutch, it would pull over a G in accel across an intersection (I had one of the original G-tech's back then).

Thats when I realized it was pretty much over for the 60's cars dominance and even in only 10 tears from now, I think an AWD electric minivan is going to blow the doors off a current boss stang. I hate it, but it is what it is.

Some newer cars will still be desirable, but 20 years from now they are not going to have the same impact of having the same or better performance than the new vehicles coming out (as an example, my first car was a 383 dodge polara, that would pretty much keep up with anything made in 81).

Combine that with many kids that are just not into perf cars (my niece's fiance does not have his own car yet, he's 24, does phone apps for amazon in NY city or something like that)

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
I just can't imagine that in 30 years, the millenials will be battling it out at an auction for the opportunity to pay 20+ times the original sticker price for a 2013 Boss 302, like the boomers will do for a 69-70 Boss 302... Or even more for a Boss 429!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
One of the challenges with what you propose as having a car 30 years from now that has held its value exceedingly well is the number of miles on it.
A 30 year old Boss with 110,000 miles on it is just another (nearly) worthless used car (baring a rotisserie restoration worth THOUSANDS!)......But a 30 year old Boss 302 with VERY low miles may be worth a lot of money...emphasis on the MAY.
It sounds like you are planning on driving your purchase occasionally, so “your” Boss may be worth somewhere in the middle of the two above. The real question here is — are you willing to buy a very low miles Boss 302 and NOT drive it much, if at all?.......And by implication— what’s important to you, driving it or maintaining it’s (possible) value?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Mud, that is a very real and scary vision to me. My Grandson loves Grama's littlepony. To think he is headed for a world that wont get to appreciate the motor world , cycles included, is a vision I find hard to see. I guess he can put playing cards in the spokes of his Tesla or the electric cycle version and pretend.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
They better start building some new nuclear power plants, and updating the power grid, if they expect to have the United States automobile fleet converted to electric power within 30 years...

·
Super Moderator
18,068 Posts
Well the way its currently going in the states there will be 0 innovation or advancement in any sort of alternative power till 2020... at least... But eventually the market will just force it, that's the real reason coal is dying, not any sort of "war" on it, its just not cost effective anymore on top of it being an environmental nightmare.

A lot can happen in 30 years tho... if you told someone in 1988 that most ppl in the USA would have a device in their pocket that is more powerful than any 1988 supercomputer with full access to all the knowledge of mankind and allow seamless video calling all over the world few would believe you. Its going to be very, VERY different in 30 years. Cyber enhancments, cloned organs... hell they are talking about breakthroughs in anti-aging every day, we might start to expect 100-150 years of quality lifespan by then.

Or we might all die in a nuclear dick measuring contest between the US, Russia, North Korea and China.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts