Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very solid Ford Teksid block but don't know what they are selling for. These are the aluminum blocks Ford had made in Italy and went into the early 4-Valve Cobras.

As I understand these blocks can handle up to 1,000 HP. They have four-bolt mains and then two side bolts that secure the cap from outside the block.

I've heard of people paying serious buck for them but have no way to sort the BS.

Anyone have any experience buying or selling these? Also have the monster early swirl-port heads. Don't think they make the best street head but are good for a racer that will see 8,000 RPM and up. Have no clue what to ask for them.

Any help would be great.
Jim

Attachments

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
I've seen them go for anywhere from $500 to $900....$500 being the average price.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PV. Any idea on the heads? I don't think they are very desirable. I actually have two blocks, one I'm using in a rebuild for my 2002 GT. Since 2V heads bolt up, I have no use for the 4V stuff. Thought I'd just clean them up and offer them up on e-Bay.

Jim

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
No, I'm not sure on the heads at all. But I would throw them up on some sites and see what happens. If no hits, then do ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts